Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:07 pm

Played a bit of bootleg Metroid and thought about it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingMike

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:40 pm    Post subject: Played a bit of bootleg Metroid and thought about it. Reply with quote

Not even sure where some of these ROMs I found came from (probably Ca... I can never remember his name, the Russian guy who dumps games is all I can remember :) )

Several bootleg FDS to Famicom cart ports.

One of them was Metroid, with broken sound effects (surely due to it using the FDS sound data without that extra sound channel) and moreso, no password or save feature.

And thinking, the sort of thing Frank was saying about like Subor, and that... that was their original video game experience, just as much as those who grew up playing the officially sanctioned versions of the consoles...
for some kid somewhere in the world, that was their experience playing Metroid.
They probably learned to play through all of Metroid in one sitting, not because they played it enough to learn it and get good at it voluntarily, but because that was their only means of experiencing the game.

Zelda without saving doesn't sound like fun, but I'm sure that happened too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: