Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:58 am

A little something I found in the Chrono Trigger demo.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teflon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonnymaru wrote:
If Singing Mountian was intended to be an Ayla sidequest, and it was supposed to take place after the Magus battle, it can be safe to assume that was how she finds Crono and the crew.

Possibly in a an earlier draft of the plot Ayla would "sense" Crono and friends warping onto Singing Mounain, get the Dactyls by herself, go to Singing Mountain and rescue Crono and whoever else was in your party before going to Tyrano Lair. Sounds like a waste of time. I see why they got rid of it.

Ryoga, I don't think that CT was built off FF6. Yes, it's possible that some code from FF6 battle system was used in CT, but FF6 overworld sprites have the same proportions as the battle ones do while CT's have different sprites for the overworld and the battle sprites. Plus FF6 used Mode 7 for it's overworld while CT did not. (Feel free to prove me wrong on that)

While we're on the subject of 65,000 million B.C., has anybody figured out why Tyrano Lair crashes as soon as you enter it? If so, has there been any attempts to create a patch that would fix it?

EDIT: Some scans from promotonal holofoil cards in Japan: http://www.cutelucca.com/cards.html
http://www.cutelucca.com/ccards.html

Is it me, or do the pictures on these cards look like mock-ups? On the picture with the two skeletons with sword arms, the screen is not centered. The screenshots that show Black Tyrano and Giga Gaia (who has arms, unlike the final version) working, but in our Beta they didn't work at all and the full shot of the Blackbird and the church shot reek of promotional pictures.

The strangest shot is the Black Omen one. Queen Zeal has a different outfit and seems to be some sort of panther instead of a human, the Black Omen itself is zoomed out and doesn't have anything else under it's top and Frog is making a pose that I don't recall him making in the final version.
RyogaMasaki

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teflon wrote:
Ryoga, I don't think that CT was built off FF6. Yes, it's possible that some code from FF6 battle system was used in CT, but FF6 overworld sprites have the same proportions as the battle ones do while CT's have different sprites for the overworld and the battle sprites. Plus FF6 used Mode 7 for it's overworld while CT did not. (Feel free to prove me wrong on that)

Well, I'll be the first to admit that that theory is very far fetched; I wasn't totally taking myself seriously when I wrote that, just covering other possibilities, hehe. I stick to my theory that CT is in some way related to FF6, if even in an early development stage; most likely, some FF6 graphics were used as placeholders. This is the truth! This is what I believe! At least for now... =P

Anyone lazy/bored enough to check when development start on FF6/CT, and see which one was started first?
DavidDurica

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought CT felt closer to Secret of Mana, like they took SoM and grafted a menu engine on it.
KingMike

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryoga, RPGONE wants to re-translate the Japanese final into English. Maybe they have script dumps or a kanji table, if you were looking for that?

(Though I can't say how much they've done on CT, since they've been concentrating on the FF6 retranslation and the Slayers SFC RPG, which have had their scripts fully translated).
RyogaMasaki

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingMike wrote:
Ryoga, RPGONE wants to re-translate the Japanese final into English. Maybe they have script dumps or a kanji table, if you were looking for that?

(Though I can't say how much they've done on CT, since they've been concentrating on the FF6 retranslation and the Slayers SFC RPG, which have had their scripts fully translated).

Well, that's interesting. I've been wanting to retranslate the game for a long time (which I'm sure you saw on my site). Unfortunately, I lack the hacking skills to do this on my own:
http://pocky.kicks-ass.net/_stuff/ct_j_trans.png
http://pocky.kicks-ass.net/_stuff/ct_j_trans2.png
http://pocky.kicks-ass.net/_stuff/ct_j_trans3.png

I have, however, been working on my own kanji table, which is here, if anyone is interested:
http://pocky.kicks-ass.net/_stuff/chrono.tbl
It's not finished, of course, but now my interest has been kinda re-piqued in that, so I may work on it later, hehe.

I might contact these people later and see how they are on their CT project; maybe I could join on as a translator. =)
Jonnymaru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else see the Zepplin?

Also, I see they have the card used for the US boxart. Which, if any has played the game knows, IT MAKES NO SESNE WHATSOEVER. Not complaning, just something I've always noticed.

Great job finding these cards.
Teflon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonnymaru wrote:
*snip*

Also, I see they have the card used for the US boxart. Which, if any has played the game knows, IT MAKES NO SESNE WHATSOEVER. Not complaning, just something I've always noticed.

Most of the offical art for CT doesn't make any sense as all.

EDIT: Anybody looked through the uncompressed art in the proto ROM to see if there's any unused shit that may've come from an earlier build? (such as the blimp seen on the card or the panther-faced Queen Zeal)
Skrybe
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonnymaru wrote:

I always took it to be an action shot of the triple tech Arc Impulse.
Jonnymaru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marle doesn't use fire, you don't have Frog whne you fight the Heckran, and you fight him in a cave.

But this ain't about the box art.
RyogaMasaki

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teflon wrote:
Jonnymaru wrote:
*snip*

Most of the offical art for CT doesn't make any sense as all.

EDIT: Anybody looked through the uncompressed art in the proto ROM to see if there's any unused shit that may've come from an earlier build? (such as the blimp seen on the card or the panther-faced Queen Zeal)

Actually, I've gone through the compressed AND uncompressed art; there's not much that's unused, but there is SOME stuff. I'll be updating with that eventually. =)

EDIT: rather large update tonight, including a couple bits of unused/lost art from the proto.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: