Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:53 am

I'm sick of this...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ichiban Crush wrote:
I let my urine fly unto Acclaim's grave... which, by the way has an ad for GeneriGothRaine II: BloodCrossOmens on the headstone.

Wait, are you serious or are you making up? Because I seriously took a gigantic piss on their corporate office three days ago.
Kid Fenris

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As little as I miss Acclaim, it's a shame that their downfall left The Red Star, a highly enjoyable action game, in limbo. I hope someone picks it up.

TheRedEye wrote:

Wait, are you serious or are you making up? Because I seriously took a gigantic piss on their corporate office three days ago.

STORY PLZ
TheRedEye

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kid Fenris wrote:
STORY PLZ

Eventually.
Smeg
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received my NES for Christmas in 1989. I was nine years old. I didn't get the NES Action Set like everyone else though, with a Zapper and the Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt cartridge. No, my mother knew I wouldn't be interested in such vanilla offerings. She purchased the Control Deck minus any pack-ins, and instead gave me a much more fitting introduction to the world of Nintendo: Back to the Future. It's a wonder that I didn't destroy the NES immediately, let alone that it still lives to this day.

Die Acclaim. May you rot in Hell for Eternity with LJN and all of your other subsidiaries.
Ichiban Crush
Vaporware Detective Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRedEye wrote:

Metaphorically. I feel more dignified and relieved to have an Acclaim rant somehow refer back to their batshit crazy advertising practices.
Beeshu

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope everyone who worked for Acclaim gets pulled outside and bukkaked until their faces are so bruised that they can´t chew anymore.

But I don´t know, they did a lot of decent ports back in the day. I guess so long as they weren´t entirely driving the bus when it came to development they could do alright.
SlyphGlitch

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Wow... Reply with quote

Wow, this thread has been successfully defused...

The sad part is, if it wasn't for Turok 64, this would have happened to Acclaim a long time ago. The question is who's next???
Eidos...
Ichiban Crush

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give Eidos another couple of years, they sold off Tomb Raider so they only need to screw up some more to nail in those last few steaks into the coffin.
Carnivol
gay dickhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why on earth didn't Eidos take Time Splitters 3!?!?!?!!?

I mean, TS = awesome, people demand awesome games
(+gfx and crappy names)

Instead, they handed it over to EA... shame...

Anyway, was about time that Acclaim went down...
They haven't had much to brag about through their years.
(they've had much, but nothing that they "should" brag about)
Richter Belmont

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ichiban Crush wrote:
Give Eidos another couple of years, they sold off Tomb Raider so they only need to screw up some more to nail in those last few steaks into the coffin.

MMM... Steaks... Wink

Heh, but seriously, Eidos really has fallen. I wouldn't be surprised if they were the next to go.
Blues

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArnoldRimmer83 wrote:
PopaSmear wrote:
FlowingMindspin wrote:
I live in central PA, and we're full of rednecks and Jesus freaks. I mean, I have nothing against them

No, LOTS OF THINGS against them. They are fucking assholes. You have every right to think they're assholes. Fuck those self righteous hate mongers. Sane people need to stop pretending it's ok to be a crazy fucked up racist homophobe. IT IS NOT OK.

Thank you. You pretty muched summed up all my thoughts on them.

Well, thank you all for your very kind comments. Mad

Gosh, here I am, having been a casual poster on this message board, so far having not started or having gotten into any fights, and.........oh my gosh...

...I'M a Christian! *gasp!*

Wh-what?

You mean......you mean Christians can post non-hate-filled, non-homophobic, non-self-righteous messages on a message board? Yes! Yes, they can! Evil or Very Mad

I'll tell you what's worse than being a "fucked up racist homophobe".
It's making rude generalizations about people on the a message that you wouldn't dare make in a room full of people of co-workers for fear that you might offend someone. Uh......yeah, people come to these message boards that might be Christians. And.....maybe they DON'T LIKE being generalized as homophobes.

You know what homophobes do? They generalize homosexuals, for one thing.
They can point to someone and say "he's gay", without really knowing that person, simply because they thrive upon finding a reason to hate. Well sirs, I consider myself to have about as much love in my heart as the next person, and have no problems whatsoever with anyone of any sexual orientation or race. And yet....I'm a Christian.

Well right now I am resisting the urge to say "fuck you", and call you a "fucking asshole" not because I find myself too righetous or some other bull...

....but simply because it would give you two cause to call one more person a hate-monger that you don't know.

But go ahead....roll up your eyes and tell me how "self-righetous" and
"hateful" I am being at this very moment. I'm used to people telling me
that I'm pushing my religion on them, when in fact, I'd have never even let you
know that I was a Christian, had you not rudely generalized everyone of my faith as being hatemongering assholes.

How wonderful is this internet that we're all so fond of....
....we can say whatever the hell we want about people with
complete disregard to who is listening.
Smeg
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blues wrote:
It's making rude generalizations about people on the a message that you wouldn't dare make in a room full of people of co-workers for fear that you might offend someone.

You obviously don't work where I do. Not that I particularly mind offending people, but I especially don't mind offending coworkers.
Blues

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As in.....what? Turning the new guy, who just so happens to black, and asking him
who his favorite rap artist is, or asking the gay guy for fashion advice? I really can't imagine you making generalizations towards people based on sexual preference, race, or religion without being a total ass. So do you or do you not do such things?
Just curious. I personally will not treat you any different if you do, but I will have lost some respect for you.
FlowingMindspin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anyone ever said you couldn't be Christian unless you were a racist homophobe. Chill out, meng. :roll:
LocalH

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blues:

Jesus freak != Christian

If you're not bigoted, then you're probably not what he was referring to as a "Jesus freak". I believe in God myself, but I also agree with what he said. People who use religion to justify hate and bigotry are fucking assholes. People who truly believe in a religion and don't use it to justify evil are not. And as we have no reason not to believe you are not what you say you are, then I assume most people here won't have an issue with your religion.
Blues

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LocalH: You're right, I over-reacted. And I apologize if I offended anyone.
It's just that I'm sick of all the hatred in the world.....and I know you can't find hatred with hatred, so when someone hates on me I try my damnedest to do what the scripture says: be angry and sin not. So, on that note, sorry if my sarcasm offended anyone. You can't fight hatred with hatred, and you can't find jadedness with jadedness, so if anyone wants to call me a Jesus freak (in a negative context), go right ahead. It won't do me any good to try to rush your own conscience into feeling bad about it. Think through it yourself.

But then, on second thought, I don't really care if you label me that anyway.
It's positively true, and I'm proud of being different.
kap
Minister of Paranoia
Minister of Paranoia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best conversations I've ever had at work came from me turning to person X who I know to be of religion Y and having a nice, in depth conversation about belief, what is bullshit, what is metaphor, what is real, and all the rest of it.

I've done it with Jews, I've done it with Mormons (one of my best friends is a Mormon, love him to death, crazy religion), I've done it with Catholics, I've done it with Republicans (well, I've tried with the Republicans, they refuse to have an open mind about their religion) (yes, I consider Republican a religion, they're far more close minded than your average terrorist), I've done it with Christians, which I was raised as.

Because I've typically not worked with ass holes, there have never been any real problems. When I know something bad could happen, I don't bother to ask.

When it comes to why the world is fucked up I'm the first person to blame religion, because for one it's what got our current dumbfuck elected, but I'll be the first to admit there are plenty of intelligent people that have a religion too. I don't understand how they've managed to be suckered by such a dilluted thing as organized religion, but hey, it happens.

Sigh. I guess it's just too bad that today's Christian church is really the result of one Christian sect of it's time, hundreds of years ago, wiping out the members of almost every other Jesus-believing sect that existed. But, hey, that doesn't seem to matter to most people, at least they got their savagery out of their systems back when it was still acceptable to do it through murder and back room deals! Sarcasm!

But, anyway, who really cares what I have to say on this subject when all I'm really trying to do is troll a productive thread with inflamatory statements, however true they may be?

I hate religion threads.

(*whistle*)

Last edited by kap on Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Smeg
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blues wrote:
As in.....what? Turning the new guy, who just so happens to black, and asking him
who his favorite rap artist is

Nah, our racial slurs are better than that, but we don't do it to someone brand new. It's how you know we like you.

Blues wrote:
or asking the gay guy for fashion advice?

The gay guy will give fashion advice unsolicited. Again, our jokes would be stronger than that. And he's a manager.

You forgot to mention the fat jokes too. They're great. There's always going to be somebody whiny and sensitive, and we'll just leave such a person alone because they're no fun. Otherwise, hurling jocular insults at each other is how we bond at work.
adaml
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(edit: heheh, ok, I've woken up and removed it. evil just cannot be helped sometimes. -kap)

Remember when TheRedEye "starfoxed" that dude? If anyone EVER links to something on this site without asking permission, I nominate this .gif to find its way into the URL.
TheRedEye

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when did this thread turn fucking retarded?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: