Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:59 pm

Searching For Hwang Shinwei...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sanzang

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Searching For Hwang Shinwei... Reply with quote

I'm not sure if I should file this under "Lost Treasures" considering that most of what I find (if I find anything) will probably be crap, however, here goes.

I'm heading over to the pirated cart market in Beijing and seeing what they have among their GB games (GBA, Color, etc). They usually have a large collection of big (pirated of course) multi-carts and sometimes a homebrewed horse turd or two. If there is any interest in what's on the Blackbeard Market as well as the of-so GRATE Taiwainese homebrew carts I'll type up my finds. Who knows, I might find a cart for Hwang Shinwei's Magic Jewlry or 3D Block, 3D Blocks is a rather popular little game out here... they keep showing it on the MTV channel commericals...
Sanzang

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a side note, Hwang Shinwei couldn't even properly program a version of Chinese Chess. Wee little Chinese boys can even manage that in 10th grade with C++. *shakes head* The General isn't supposed to move like that and its anyones guess what those blue dots are...
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You had me excited, I thought you were actually going to seek out Hwang Shinwei and talk to him.
The Green Meanie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRedEye wrote:
You had me excited, I thought you were actually going to seek out Hwang Shinwei and talk to him.

Yeah really. Talk about false advertising.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kitsune
FURRY

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he'll find him selling his own crap there. :P
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BMF54123
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOU INTERESTED IN 3D BROCK, YES? FUN TIME HAPPY GAME ONRY 5 DORRAH
Sanzang

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*does a mental calculation of the exchange rate* actually... it would come to about 5 American dollars...

Found a copy of "Polar Express" / Harry Potter / Slam Dunk /unindetifiable-game multicart... didn't work, I'll try again tomorrow. I am now on a quest to find 3D Block for 5 Dollars.
TheRedEye

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I was there with you, hunting for crap sounds kind of fun.
Sanzang

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Success! I found not one but TWO (at least!!) carts with Hwang Shinwei games. On the 108-1 Multicart I found copies of 3D Block and that shitty brush roller game and then 3D Block again on a smaller multi-cart. There's a ton out there Red, if you're into the Gameboy junk I could hook you up with barrels and barrels of pure GBA garbage.

Here's a shot of the multicarts. The pictures are a pretty blurry because I had to sneak them... apparently bootleggers don't like people in ties taking pictures of their Blackbeard warez.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: