Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:25 pm

Two Beta's, One Unknown

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sanzang

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Two Beta's, One Unknown Reply with quote

Hmm...a bit of a stretch calling this "Lost Treasures" considering 2/3 of these are lost garabage that ought stay that way, but I imagine some might have interest in this.

While looking for GBA bootlegs I came upon a wad of CDs with advertising Slam Dunk and FFX. Turns out it had a big mess of SNES junk including three little games I hadn't seen before.

The first is a Batman game where batman runs around Streets of Rage style battling the exact same person over and over until you reach the boss after some side scrolling. Considering that the first one was Joker, you know right off the bat that this wasn't either "Batman & Robin" or "Batman Forever" the only Batman games released. Furthermore, if you got this game for Christmas, you'd cry and hate your parents forever. The load title read "Really Shitty Batman." Boy were they right.

The second game is actually rather good. I checked the listings to see if the thing ever got released, but couldn't find anything. It seems pretty complete from what I played, but I imagine that if it was released it was only put out in Scandinavia and Italy. The game is called "Super Full Metal" and seems to be some sort of 4-Player Space stragedy game.

The last one I found is a truly GRATE. Guaranteed, this chunk of junk was never released as evident by this screen:

Its says right out that its a Beta by some no-name team. It goes by the title "Snake Blasters" but as soon as you play it it is obvious its just a rip off of Super Pang. Although Super Pang is GRATE on so many levels, Snake Blaster just grates on your nerves. More crashes than a Beijing Highway and its no fun to play.

I did a search on the forums and couldn't find any discussion on either three of these games, hopefully it'll be something new for all of you, despite the fact that Snake Blasters is worse that the worst Hwang Shinwei cart.
Not designed to exist...steaming pile of...
lugnut
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure of the origins of Batman or the other one, but I think the Smile Snake Blasters demo is likely something coded by a "homebrew" development team years ago when the SNES dev scene was active. The warning about "not designed for your SFC or SNES" probably means it was intended for play on an emulator.
KingMike

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cu-On-Pa (made by T&E Soft) also displayed that text. Unless it was meant only as a Satellaview cart.
Dais

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure exactly what you mean, but I'm 100% positive that Cu-On-Pa was released both in a cart and via Sattlawhatsit.

Of course, both versions were sans the subliminal messages of the original....I think.
BMF54123
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Snake Blasters...I downloaded that pile of crap years ago.
Sanzang

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any ideas on Batman or Super Full Metal? Batman seemed bad enough to be homebrewed, except for the sprites were pretty decent. Maybe they got ripped from a different game?
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Batman was legit, believe it or not. If I'm not mistaken, that was the CES demo, and it didn't get any further than that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: