Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:01 pm

Dr. Chahouse?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quohog

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Dr. Chahouse? Reply with quote

Hey,

Is it just me or was the 1988 game Dr. Chaos based on the 1986 Horror Comedy movie: House? I’ve been wondering this for a good many years now as the monsters and setting of each are identical save for the plots and stock “movie game” enemies and power-ups.

First you’ve got the original Japanese subtitle Jigoku no Tobira which as far as I can tell means “Door of Hell’ which would fit in with the plot of the movie. Then there are the monsters with each one featuring a gremlin looking thing, a fat ugly lady, a skeleton decked out in combat fatigues and a flying skeleton. Add this to the locations featured in game and movie (house, tool shed and jungle) and there’s no way in hell this could be no more than a coincidence.

Anyway I figured I’d ask here because you guys really know your shit when it comes to this sort of thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: