Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:38 am

Let's download Penn & Teller for Sega CD!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
merp
BANNED

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... Isn't that something. Well done.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ichiban Crush
Vaporware Detective Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New torrent doesn't want to connect. QQ

I read about the game when it was supposed to come out back in the day, and I wanted to see how insane that truck driving game really was.
climax together
BANNED

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:53 am    Post subject: RE: Reply with quote

Quote:
Real collectioners doesn't care about any release of stuff. Why ? Because they own a unique item that nobody can have. People saying the contrary are usually people that are making money on "black market", which, i remind you, is illegal and more immoral than just sharing with others.

Don't pull this bullshit on me. Most unreleased games never even recieve(d) a copyright, do you know that?
And second, you should grow up and realize that having some 'unique' item doesn't fucking make you Mother Teresa or a noble, special person whatsoever. It makes your collection interesting, but it doesn't make you a more honorable or important person, especially if the game isn't all that great. If you don't want to release the damn game, then whatever. But it would make people happier and more enlightened if you'd release it, and why not if there are people willing to pay for it? Just imagine what you could buy with that cash, and you could be sharing and preserving a piece of history for people. People should be judged by the deeds they do and contributions they make, not just materialistic shit, unless you want to give people the wrong idea.

Quote:
The only issue about releasing stuff is that some people can copy and sell as if it was this unique item. And that's a real issue i agree. That's why i prefer cartbridge as for the N64.

More shit. it's only a small minority that are actually doing this (at least with cartridge games) since there aren't THAT many people who actually have the skill much less the time to do so. And so what? You will probably make more money off of selling the original protos than they will their cheapass copies. Especially if it's already available for download.

Quote:
and btw throwing money at the head of people is just rude and prove how selfish you are. MY statue, MY protos. Pff ...

Whatever. Maybe you haven't given it enough thought. Your philosophy is loaded with unreasoned garbage.
Ichiban Crush

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh...
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

olivieryuyu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: RE: Reply with quote

Climax Together wrote:
Quote:
Real collectioners doesn't care about any release of stuff. Why ? Because they own a unique item that nobody can have. People saying the contrary are usually people that are making money on "black market", which, i remind you, is illegal and more immoral than just sharing with others.

Don't pull this bullshit on me. Most unreleased games never even recieve(d) a copyright, do you know that?
And second, you should grow up and realize that having some 'unique' item doesn't fucking make you Mother Teresa or a noble, special person whatsoever. It makes your collection interesting, but it doesn't make you a more honorable or important person, especially if the game isn't all that GRATE. If you don't want to release the damn game, then whatever. But it would make people happier and more enlightened if you'd release it, and why not if there are people willing to pay for it? Just imagine what you could buy with that cash, and you could be sharing and preserving a piece of history for people. People should be judged by the deeds they do and contributions they make, not just materialistic shit, unless you want to give people the wrong idea.

Quote:
The only issue about releasing stuff is that some people can copy and sell as if it was this unique item. And that's a real issue i agree. That's why i prefer cartbridge as for the N64.

More shit. it's only a small minority that are actually doing this (at least with cartridge games) since there aren't THAT many people who actually have the skill much less the time to do so. And so what? You will probably make more money off of selling the original protos than they will their cheapass copies. Especially if it's already available for download.

Quote:
and btw throwing money at the head of people is just rude and prove how selfish you are. MY statue, MY protos. Pff ...

Whatever. Maybe you haven't given it enough thought. Your philosophy is loaded with unreasoned garbage.

hmm are you sure that you read correctly my post ?

i said that i wasn't against release games. The only issue about that was copies sold on ebay as if they was authentic. And i said to the guy saying that he have a lot of money to collect things that it's cool that is rich but he should be more discreet about that and less selfish by sharing a bit with other.

So what are you talking about ?

BTW: did you notice that i was about to release a unreleased n64 rom ?

Shocked
Vlcice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Reply with quote

Climax Together wrote:

Actually, copyright is automatically asssigned upon creation in most countries, with the one particular exception of works created prior to 1989 in the US; when the US signed the Berne Convention, they eliminated the requirement of registration for copyright protection. Registration simply establishes a date of first use, which is useful but not required for legal protection. Unpublished works are covered under copyright, and most countries' copyright laws have a particular set of regulations for them.

Japan became a signatory in 1899, so all games created there, unreleased or otherwise, would be protected by copyright.
climax together
BANNED

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: RE: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, olivieryuyu, you're english made it very difficult for me to understand the context of your post.

I see. Anyways, pardon my language, but at least in regards to hoarding specifically, I had said what I wanted to say, I think that's enough.
Smeg
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Reply with quote

Climax Together wrote:
I'm sorry, olivieryuyu, you're english

No he isn't. I think he's French.
postermen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I put this on a cd-r to play on my sega cd? Everything I try just brings up the audio player on the sega cd.
Mia D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

postermen wrote:
How do I put this on a cd-r to play on my sega cd? Everything I try just brings up the audio player on the sega cd.

burn it in alcohol 120% dogg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
KlarthAilerion
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What good is burning a 120 proof CD going to do? Waste of perfectly good Alcohol.
merp
BANNED

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KlarthAilerion wrote:
What good is burning a 120 proof CD going to do? Waste of perfectly good Alcohol.

Shocked Question
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
postermen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Alcohol Worked great! Now, has anybody figured out how to play any of the games? I want to play with the psychic gorilla.
TheRedEye

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At one point he gets frustrated that you're breaking the psychic link and says, "Let someone else show you how to do it!" At that point the person you're playing the trick on hands the controller back to you, so you can "show" him how to hold the down arrow properly. Instead of doing that, though, you put in a button combination that tells the game what card your friend has. Look at the way the hands are arranged on screen and hold the arrow corresponding to the right one, and press C the number of times that represents the card.

I figured that out myself!
madnutcase1308

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the help guys

I managed to get it elsewhere.

I hope everyone has a Happy New Year

Very Happy

Last edited by madnutcase1308 on Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheRedEye

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So yeah, I gave him permission to bump this thread. Unfortunately I have no way of seeding the game, since it's held hostage on my PC, which I can't connect to the internet in this house at all. If anyone has it still, can you hop back on the torrent?
Smeg
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I deleted the archive and the torrent after I burned it or I'd re-seed. Sorry Sad
iamstillhiro1112

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad, I thought this was new. I guess It's too late to get the game. That's alright.
Daniel_BMS
BANNED

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The torrent is still going actually.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: