Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:47 pm

A-Whole System Failure to find them games (even more so...)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mxyzptlk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: A-Whole System Failure to find them games (even more so...) Reply with quote

How are you gentlemen. You can call me Mr. Mxyzptlk. I'm no more than a simple afficionado, yet I've kept an eye on the "scene" since the ol' System Failure days.
I'm breaking my forum abstinence here but, now that I'm into PC Engine, I need to know: where have the games gone? Unreleased and prototype, I've heard about a few. Marble Madness and that PC Kid's RPG... I hear even SnowBrothers!! (my holy grail right now...)
How come they don't exist in a dumped form? I guess it's to be expected but, nothing for a-whole system!?If any of you peoples can shed light upon the subject, it'll be greatly appreciated. (Especially on "that one") Or ramble a bit, theorize...

Oh yes, I found one at Skrybe's, SideArms, but I failed to see the difference to the released versions...

Gotta go shove bombs at Superman!
Skrybe
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mxyzptlk wrote:
Oh yes, I found one at Skrybe's, SideArms, but I failed to see the difference to the released versions...

Just wanted to point out that the copy of Side Arms I have posted isn't a TG16 prototype, it's just the regular version. Side Arms was announced for the Nes, and I attempted to have a playable version of every unreleased Nes game at my site. The TG16 version is the best I can do until an actual Nes proto surfaces.

Sorry I don't have more to add, I don't keep up with PCE/TG16 stuff that closely. I do know of PC Cocoron, the unreleased PCE sequel to the Nes game Cocoron. I think a collector found a copy of that, but it's not released publicly. Sucks too, that's one game that I'd really like to play.
KingMike

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see in the Dec. 1993 issue [EDIT: of EGM] a blurb about a Mega CD game "Pop 'n Land" by Sur de Wave, which sure sounds like a clone of Cocoron.
Google seems to be indecisive if it actually came out or not.

And at least Skrybe is considerate to not post the arcade version of Side Arms and its epilepsy opening.

Last edited by KingMike on Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Mxyzptlk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, SideArms!
Now I know, and knowing is half the battle.
So is there a list, or something like that, of all the games released?
Dais

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean, for the PCE?

There's the PCEngine Catalog Project, which has a shitload of images and also covers the PC-FX. it can be a bit clunky to navigate/search, and you have to register an account to do certain things (such as view all the pictures for a game). It's worth it though (since it's effortless and free)

There's also the PCEngine Bible, which is less of a encylcopedia and more of a list, although the occasional mini-review might be more insightful than the random babblings of frenchmen on the PCECP.
Mxyzptlk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant *all* the games that compete us. But thanks, I'm raiding pcecp.com right now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: