Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:20 am

Help the Hardcore_player fund raiser
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hardcore_player
BANNED

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:29 am    Post subject: Help the Hardcore_player fund raiser Reply with quote

Hi guys. I'm starting a new fund raiser, which will help me out a lot. So anyway, I need enough money to get a project box and an NES console. Why? Because I'm constructing a Programmer Unit so I can reproduce Super Mario Bros. 2. So can anybody help me out on this?
nixon
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Hardcore_Player,

Big tip for you. When you want people to help you with something, especially money, you have to make sure you tell them what's in it for them. I mean why would I want to give money to "really help you out" when I could just as easily not, and still have a wonderful life. Why should I give you money so you can play SMB2?

Yours truly,

nixon
Hardcore_player
BANNED

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. Then how about this? Everyone that helps me out will get a free Super Mario Bros. 4: Bowser's Revenge game after I get it made ok? Deal?
kap
Minister of Paranoia
Minister of Paranoia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: Help the Hardcore_player fund raiser Reply with quote

Hardcore_player wrote:
Hi guys. I'm starting a new fund raiser, which will help me out a lot. So anyway, I need enough money to get a project box and an NES console. Why? Because I'm constructing a Programmer Unit so I can reproduce Super Mario Bros. 2. So can anybody help me out on this?

Jesus, look, I'm sorry, but are you purposely not trying? You might have good intentions, but fuck, this post is worded worse than mine are, and mine are pretty bad.

Quote:
Hi guys. I'm starting a new fund raiser, which will help me out a lot.

Hi guys, I want you all to give me a bunch of money to help me do something head-scratchingly pointless, and I don't have any noble cause for doing so. If you need one before you give me your money for nothing, you'll have to think it up yourself.

Quote:
So anyway, I need enough money to get a project box and an NES console.

I'm assuming you guys will assume that a "project box" is some type of computer, but something totally modern and new. Because, hey, that's the kind of shit that's needed these days to handle emulation in general and NES emulation specifically. Also, things like CopyNES only run on modern OS's like Windows XP running 64 bit cpus and shit. HARDCORE.

Also, I don't currently own an NES console, but I want to reproduce a specific NES cart..

Quote:
Why? Because I'm constructing a Programmer Unit so I can reproduce Super Mario Bros. 2. So can anybody help me out on this?

I haven't really learned my lesson from last time. I also don't really know what I'm trying to build, I just assume a bunch of free money and/or hardware will do the job and I'll have it all figured out in a few weeks. All your donations will help me score some cool shit and then I'll RULE THE WORLD! Oh, and I'll be able to make Super Mario Bros. 2 carts at will! THE WORLD WILL QUAKE AT MY FEET!

--

Okay, my understanding of your post is probably way off here, and my commentary/retranslation is probably way off the mark (not to mention not funny or even entertaining, someone else needs to try this shit). You need to give up some way better explanation to what you're trying to do, because Jesus Christ, to me you look like some dumb kid begging for free shit and not understanding what he's trying to get into.

So, what's the deal? Why the hell would you want to make more SMB2 carts? What kind of hardware do you supposedly want, and why exactly? Don't you already own a NES? No? Then what the hell.. so confused? More details please.

I'll be really disappointed if you decide to just flee and not answer my questions, because I really really want to know what you're thinking. I bet everyone else does too.
kap
Minister of Paranoia
Minister of Paranoia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hardcore_player wrote:
Ok. Then how about this? Everyone that helps me out will get a free Super Mario Bros. 4: Bowser's Revenge game after I get it made ok? Deal?

Damn you nixon, you speed demon (damn me for being slow actually).

Again, more details. You're making a hack? Have you even started yet? How complete is it?
Hardcore_player
BANNED

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude. Why I want to reproduce Super Mario Bros. 2 is because one! I need a real sequel to Super Mario Bros. as it is boring! And two! I want to play it on an NES and plus my brother is the only one with an NES console but I want my own so I can get that connector inside the console! And if you want more reasons then ASK! Sorry. But it's just that I also want to edit to where you fight Bowser in World D-4 after I reproduce it as Ver. 1.0. And that bull-shit about fighting two Spinies in Bowser costumes is completely stupid in World D-4 ok?
Hardcore_player
BANNED

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah kap. I have started but right now I'm working on Bowser's Castle right now. And once I'm done with that, then I will create more levels for my game. Thanks to Mario Improvement 3, it is easy to hack Super Mario Bros. 3 once you know how SMB3 stores its levels. If you want to download MI3. Then go to:
www.lincolnsoft.com And then you'll see MI3.
kap
Minister of Paranoia
Minister of Paranoia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How old are you?
Hardcore_player
BANNED

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

16. But what does that have to do with the topic?
kap
Minister of Paranoia
Minister of Paranoia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just hoping you weren't any older.
Pullmyfinger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just mere curiosity, but how much cash do you need? I could pawn some things or send you my next paycheck or something.
merp
BANNED

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's posted about this stuff before on NESWorld boards. He didn't ask for money before though.

Woah... WTF? There's a scary picture of Frank to my left!

Hardcore_Yeah...: Hack the original SMB or SMB2J pirates or something. Show us some programming skills first.

kap wrote:
Also, things like CopyNES only run on modern OS's like Windows XP running 64 bit cpus and shit. HARDCORE.

Windows 98 and earlier only, B.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kap
Minister of Paranoia
Minister of Paranoia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

merp wrote:
kap wrote:
Also, things like CopyNES only run on modern OS's like Windows XP running 64 bit cpus and shit. HARDCORE.

Windows 98 and earlier only, B.

Yes, I know. That was called "sarcasm", B.
merp
BANNED

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kap wrote:

Yes, I know. That was called "sarcasm", B.

Idea True dat, homes. I guess this would be "cynicism".
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kap
Minister of Paranoia
Minister of Paranoia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly are you cynical about? Everybody and their mother knows CopyNES runs on nothing higher than Windows 98.
Carnivol
gay dickhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not just save up $35, finalize your 'project' and then contact Leonki and get him to make a cart for you >_>
merp
BANNED

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kap wrote:
What exactly are you cynical about? Everybody and their mother knows CopyNES runs on nothing higher than Windows 98.

Heh... Nah... I was saying you were being cynical. Just forget it and spare me the additional explaining. Confused
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops my finger slipped and I just banned you from my forums for being a fucking retard. sorry.
Ichiban Crush
Vaporware Detective Extraordinaire
Vaporware Detective Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this thread. This thread was a good idea, shonuff.

HAY GUYS, I'M CURRENTLY TAKING DONATIONS SO I CAN BUY A COLECOVISION DEV KIT. WHY? BECAUSE I'M CONSTRUCTING A SEQUEL TO TEH SMURFS. CAN U GUYS GIVE ME MONEYS?
Pullmyfinger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRedEye wrote:
oops my finger slipped and I just banned you from my forums for being a fucking retard. sorry.

Aw, I'll miss the little bugger.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: