Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:02 am

Isn't Metal Slug overrated?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BMF54123
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooray, another PM!

Quote:
And I see you're clearly denying fanboyism when clearly it is. All you do is troll every single Metal Slug game and get away with it. What you people should realize that all the Metal Slug games are great, regardless of whatever changes it has!

You bring up some interesting points, but you seem to be forgetting one important thing:

Metal Slug 3 is the best in the series.
ArnoldRimmer83
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll cast another vote for Metal Slug 3. Honestly after the final level of that game, I don't think there was anywhere else for the series to go.

Also Metal Slug 2 is the only one I'm fairly decent at, thanks to all the slowdown.
Ebb1993
Ask me about my love of Metal Slug 3!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't know what to say. You guys don't even know the rest of the entire series. You're all missing out. Sorry. I already stated that the entire series is awesome, but you're all ruining it with your trolling and fandom. Metal Slug is indeed a great series, but everywhere I go, I hear people talk about the third game than the rest of the series. Also, I think "best" has been the most overused word with fans of many franchises and media in general. I mean, what next? You going to say Metal Slug 3 is like the Titanic of Metal Slug games? This is why I hate dealing with trolls on forums. No, I hate forums in general cause there's always flame wars, and I'm getting caught in the middle of it all.

Last edited by Ebb1993 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ebb1993

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sardius wrote:
Ebb1993 wrote:
You're horrible!

I wasn't going to say anything but then you called me horrible so now we're doing this.

Remember how in Metal Slug 3 there was a bunch of new stuff? Remember how it had you fighting, like, giant crabs, and those flying bugs, and oh my god, those ALIENS? Remember how the final stage was longer than all of the other stages combined, and how it kept ramping up and getting more intense, and then it ended with you FLYING INTO SPACE and then RIDING A GIANT SEVERED ALIEN HEAD BACK DOWN TO EARTH while you SHOT IT IN THE BRAIN? Holy shit!

So in Metal Slug XX, there's very little that's new. The bosses are unmemorable. The backgrounds are dogshit. Everything else looks like either a traced-over variant of earlier Metal Slug art or a Deviantart recolor. The weapon-changing system is pointless, and wouldn't be necessary in a tighter-designed game. The combo system adds nothing, and clutters up the screen with coins. The characters each have unique abilities, which is cool, but one of them has they ability to take TWO HITS before dying, so why would you ever pick anyone else? It's like, you can either get twice as many lives with each credit, or you can choose somebody else and fire slightly faster, or something.

Oh, and weren't the main bad guys in XX just recolored Morden soldiers? You know, those blue spacemen? Jesus, that's some lazy bullshit. What was the final boss again? I honestly don't remember.

The stage where you parachute downward was kind of interesting, and so was the part where you pilot the giant mech, but they didn't do enough with that kind of stuff. That's all I remember about Metal Slug XX.

Also YOU'RE horrible.

You and me need to talk it out by messages because all you're doing here is troll me.
Ebb1993

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't let your words about the Metal Slug series rattle me any longer. Every Metal Slug is significant in its own way, and how each Metal Slug plays dictates how well the games are. They're not a disgrace if they just keep the same gameplay and graphics. The entire series are classic games, regardless of which installment is the best and which one is the worst. To me, they're not bad games if they're not completely different unlike Metal Slug 3D for the PlayStation 2. Just stating my opinion, just like how all of you guys state your opinion. I'm saying all the games are great, you say 3 is great. It's fine, but to be honest, I don't want to fight about this anymore. It's too much stress, you know. Besides, whenever someone trolls me, I should just learn to ignore.
BMF54123
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man you guys I'm sorry

I'm sorry that the me of 6 years ago claimed that Metal Slug 3 is one of the best side-scrolling shooters ever created and brought such terrible retribution down on us all

what have I dooooooone ;_;

Last edited by BMF54123 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
sebmal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebb1993 wrote:
I won't let your words about the Metal Slug series rattle me any longer.

be strong ebb-san.....
Mia D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metal Slug 3 Rules

Metal Slug XX can suuuuuuuuck iiiiiiitttt
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Xkeeper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're on the best page of this thread now
Ichiban Crush
Vaporware Detective Extraordinaire
Vaporware Detective Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I can't stand here and be silent anymore. Ebb... please, for your sake... go outside. Preferably to a shrink. Take lithium if you must. You are WAY too obsessed with the vidyagames.
ArnoldRimmer83
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebb1993 wrote:
No, I hate forums in general cause there's always flame wars, and I'm getting caught in the middle of it all.

Um, you started this one.
Kid Fenris

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebb, what is your opinion of Terrifying 9.11? Is it part of the thoroughly great Metal Slug series or is it TROLLING?
drx

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebb1993,

Metal Slug is a data mining operation powered by Quantcast. They use intense personal information to sell you a hotel or destination based on how exactly you already fit their currently most profitable targets (I mean customers), which sounds benign, but they also use the data collected to change the adverts in real time to use key words and phrases that fit your personality. To a hypnotist this is a damn scary era of "targeted ads" ... if you are up for a lesson in hypnosis and why this is scary; details forth.
"Better represent your properties and grow campaign sales." ~Quantcast
As a hypnotist I fear these tools, Let me break this down for you: Sigmond Freud understood how the mind is programmed to respond to contexts, at the time the science was called hypnosis. The German Gov't was able to affect the rational thinking of so many through the use of lots and lots of repeated messages. Freud figured out what made the false ideas so powerful in the mind and his nephew in America used the tequniques to get women smoking cigarettes. We allowed it because their business model never once used the negatively charged term propaganda and made up a new term that isn't allready hypnotically charged, Public Relations.
You want $100? Wow, you bet I do. "Okay just come to a focus group and tell us what you think"... ... So we can use that info to target people like you.
Freud's nephew used focus groups to learn what ideas people were receptive to and formed images and words that appeal to those desires in association with the product or idea. Today the data is mined en masse and at considerably low cost. Not scary yet?
The thing is, We use it every day conditioning dogs by associating their now behavior with discipline or reward. It influences their next choice in a similarly seeming context.
use it for a night of laughs we call it hypnosis.
selling a product we call it Advertising.
When a celeb uses it it's Public Relations.
When a neo-darwinist authoritarian used it we called it Propaganda
When our own government uses it we call it Public Relations or Foreign Relations.
When Military uses it we call it Psy-Ops
The reason CNN wants your attention on this, some of their advertisers really want to manipulate your choices based on your personal information... and data miners and marketers and companies are buying and selling YOU.
Rules of Hypnosis
1 Hold a Peoples Attention
2 Using Key emotionally charged phrases/images/sounds, bypass the questioning mind and encourage an automatic response (strong emotional reaction)
3 Repeat the suggestion in different contexts as much as possible
That is it. You get a multiplier effect for every level of perceived trust or authority. IE, your dog will listen better if you are alpha, your Muslim will listen better if you are called Iotola, your American will listen better if you are called Dr.
Oh also a multiplier for how strong the emotion is. (You pledge every day as a kid, so putting calling something/someone patriots or unpatriotic has strong emotional reactions in society) Don't get me started on the irrational stories passed during the phase known as "Shock Doctrine" (the use of a strong fear or off balance unsureness in a moment or ones life to insert a suggestion at a very key timing for automatic acceptance) in the weeks after those Three WTC towers fell.
You never hear it repeated as "The Three Towers". EVER. Because that part of your memory they want erased, too many questions. Questioning authority raises you out of the hypnosis.
PS... when you realize that all the "campaign financing" is really "manipulation money" and that the whole year long of targeted ads, both parties (another repeated erasure, we never say all parties, we don't talk about the others) is simply used to grab attention, create a perceived authority (it is perceived that if they got that far in their party they are qualified), and repeat irrational fears or patriotic desires in association with proposed solutions that never have any real detail only an emotional reaction. Think about the behavior swayed when they turn a downtown community center into a ground zero mosque. Why is it this "suggestion" only took hold in the listeners to certain outlets and not others? Perceived authority multiplier was only applied to that target audience. But if they could spread the message in association with a targeted person's subscribed authority based on their tracked DATA. Well
Even during the debate the two worked in tandum to deliver a suggestion about Lybia repeated on all the news outlets (and repeated to both parties in equal authority multiplier as they were both agreed on the idea) We just murdered their president (one who was a huge threat to established banking institutions as he improved is country with 0% loans) and when someone kills one of our covert ops and two of his mercinaries THEY are associated with terror. Not the gov'ts who assassinate heads of states and install puppets.
They used real time feedback, tweets, pulses, etc to find out how to spin every story and now every article and ad online, in real time, using exact key phrases targed to YOU. Not your demographic, YOU.

Evolution and belief in Metal Slug might dampen your enthusiasm for evolution. Metal Slug said those who love evolution are vain. Dumb people don't get excited about teaching evolution. Does it make you happy that Metal Slug authorized genocide? That ought to sober-up your dumb-ass. You might get what you pray for.
Metal Slug says... acceptably heresies provision unbending pass Latvia valuable departed cost imparted invite instruct AD future vanities archive lattice slow you_shouldn't_have repose all-sufficient heaven's hooks ensnaring covetousness three starry outer consumption errors I'm_on_a_roll medicining commendable mirthful struggles disputing loses meanly
----
Latvia has Metal Slug favorite national anthem. Smile I wuv Metal Slug.
War is "Servicemen competing". Love neighbor as self. Live by sword, die by sword -- if you want to play the game of soldier, you can kill as long as you don't mind getting killed. Actually, I appreciate what they do -- not a game. Are recent wars seem 100% optional.
Sardius
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kid Fenris wrote:
Ebb, what is your opinion of Terrifying 9.11? Is it part of the thoroughly great Metal Slug series or is it TROLLING?

Anyone know if that was ever dumped? I still want to play it.

Actually, wasn't the cartridge difficult for copiers to read, or am I thinking of something else?
Ebb1993

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mia D wrote:
Metal Slug 3 Rules

Metal Slug XX can suuuuuuuuck iiiiiiitttt

I just said I won't let your words rattle me because the Metal Slug games are great on their own! Look, I don't want to talk anymore, please. Leave me be.
Ebb1993

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kid Fenris wrote:

Never played the game before, and I think it's trolling.
Ebb1993

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drx wrote:
Ebb1993,

Metal Slug is a data mining operation powered by Quantcast. They use intense personal information to sell you a hotel or destination based on how exactly you already fit their currently most profitable targets (I mean customers), which sounds benign, but they also use the data collected to change the adverts in real time to use key words and phrases that fit your personality. To a hypnotist this is a damn scary era of "targeted ads" ... if you are up for a lesson in hypnosis and why this is scary; details forth.
"Better represent your properties and grow campaign sales." ~Quantcast
As a hypnotist I fear these tools, Let me break this down for you: Sigmond Freud understood how the mind is programmed to respond to contexts, at the time the science was called hypnosis. The German Gov't was able to affect the rational thinking of so many through the use of lots and lots of repeated messages. Freud figured out what made the false ideas so powerful in the mind and his nephew in America used the tequniques to get women smoking cigarettes. We allowed it because their business model never once used the negatively charged term propaganda and made up a new term that isn't allready hypnotically charged, Public Relations.
You want $100? Wow, you bet I do. "Okay just come to a focus group and tell us what you think"... ... So we can use that info to target people like you.
Freud's nephew used focus groups to learn what ideas people were receptive to and formed images and words that appeal to those desires in association with the product or idea. Today the data is mined en masse and at considerably low cost. Not scary yet?
The thing is, We use it every day conditioning dogs by associating their now behavior with discipline or reward. It influences their next choice in a similarly seeming context.
use it for a night of laughs we call it hypnosis.
selling a product we call it Advertising.
When a celeb uses it it's Public Relations.
When a neo-darwinist authoritarian used it we called it Propaganda
When our own government uses it we call it Public Relations or Foreign Relations.
When Military uses it we call it Psy-Ops
The reason CNN wants your attention on this, some of their advertisers really want to manipulate your choices based on your personal information... and data miners and marketers and companies are buying and selling YOU.
Rules of Hypnosis
1 Hold a Peoples Attention
2 Using Key emotionally charged phrases/images/sounds, bypass the questioning mind and encourage an automatic response (strong emotional reaction)
3 Repeat the suggestion in different contexts as much as possible
That is it. You get a multiplier effect for every level of perceived trust or authority. IE, your dog will listen better if you are alpha, your Muslim will listen better if you are called Iotola, your American will listen better if you are called Dr.
Oh also a multiplier for how strong the emotion is. (You pledge every day as a kid, so putting calling something/someone patriots or unpatriotic has strong emotional reactions in society) Don't get me started on the irrational stories passed during the phase known as "Shock Doctrine" (the use of a strong fear or off balance unsureness in a moment or ones life to insert a suggestion at a very key timing for automatic acceptance) in the weeks after those Three WTC towers fell.
You never hear it repeated as "The Three Towers". EVER. Because that part of your memory they want erased, too many questions. Questioning authority raises you out of the hypnosis.
PS... when you realize that all the "campaign financing" is really "manipulation money" and that the whole year long of targeted ads, both parties (another repeated erasure, we never say all parties, we don't talk about the others) is simply used to grab attention, create a perceived authority (it is perceived that if they got that far in their party they are qualified), and repeat irrational fears or patriotic desires in association with proposed solutions that never have any real detail only an emotional reaction. Think about the behavior swayed when they turn a downtown community center into a ground zero mosque. Why is it this "suggestion" only took hold in the listeners to certain outlets and not others? Perceived authority multiplier was only applied to that target audience. But if they could spread the message in association with a targeted person's subscribed authority based on their tracked DATA. Well
Even during the debate the two worked in tandum to deliver a suggestion about Lybia repeated on all the news outlets (and repeated to both parties in equal authority multiplier as they were both agreed on the idea) We just murdered their president (one who was a huge threat to established banking institutions as he improved is country with 0% loans) and when someone kills one of our covert ops and two of his mercinaries THEY are associated with terror. Not the gov'ts who assassinate heads of states and install puppets.
They used real time feedback, tweets, pulses, etc to find out how to spin every story and now every article and ad online, in real time, using exact key phrases targed to YOU. Not your demographic, YOU.

Evolution and belief in Metal Slug might dampen your enthusiasm for evolution. Metal Slug said those who love evolution are vain. Dumb people don't get excited about teaching evolution. Does it make you happy that Metal Slug authorized genocide? That ought to sober-up your dumb-ass. You might get what you pray for.
Metal Slug says... acceptably heresies provision unbending pass Latvia valuable departed cost imparted invite instruct AD future vanities archive lattice slow you_shouldn't_have repose all-sufficient heaven's hooks ensnaring covetousness three starry outer consumption errors I'm_on_a_roll medicining commendable mirthful struggles disputing loses meanly
----
Latvia has Metal Slug favorite national anthem. Smile I wuv Metal Slug.
War is "Servicemen competing". Love neighbor as self. Live by sword, die by sword -- if you want to play the game of soldier, you can kill as long as you don't mind getting killed. Actually, I appreciate what they do -- not a game. Are recent wars seem 100% optional.

You're making it look like Metal Slug is very hostile toward me. It's not, I love the series. I just don't want fans yelling at me just because I don't think Metal Slug 3 is that great. I mean, it's not a bad game, it's a nice game, but it's not that great as people say.
ICEknight

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metal Slug 3 is the pinnacle of the series and would have made a great finale.

In my oppinion...
-4 felt like a fan hack of 2/3.
-5 had some interesting things planned that were eventually dropped, so it ended up being more of the same for the most part.
-6 was pretty cool and did try new things. It wasn't as epic as 3, though.
-7/XX was good as a DS game, but its portable origins are made a bit too obvious in the console port (still better than 4).

I still don't understand why they called the latest one "XX", by the way. I wonder if they had an exclusivity deal with Nintendo for "7", or something like that.

Last edited by ICEknight on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total
BMF54123
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebb1993 wrote:
I just said I won't let your words rattle me because the Metal Slug games are great on their own! Look, I don't want to talk anymore, please. Leave me be.

then stop posting
Ebb1993

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine, but one more thing. I really hope SNK Playmore makes a Metal Slug 8 one day, and they make it the big finale of the series, just so we could do away with Morden, Allen, and Rootmars forever. The finale of the Metal Slug series should be the most epic Metal Slug ever.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: