Final Fantasy 64
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackjax
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ernster.

Stop thread farting. If you're going to defend yourself, do it maturely.
KlarthAilerion
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ernster wrote:
BMF why don't you fuck off and stop being such an ass. It's so bloody pathetic. :roll: Your a stupid geek anyway and I really can't be bothered wasting my time on some scum like you. Just STFU because it's not funny anymore, the only people who don't like me are a few losers from this forum, everyone else likes me, so you can stop trying to act all cool and tough.

I don't care who does and who doesn't like you. If you continue to make posts of no substance with profane language, you will be banned.
KingMike

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ballz wrote:
That letter at the end of the article confuses me. Who's JJ? What's the context of that letter? When was it written?

Right. Wasn't Mr. Yamauchi promising to not endorse another Square game after FF7's PS announcement, though?
I thought I remember reading a few years ago (on RPGamer), Square tried to get a GBA licence to do FF4/5/6 for GBA, but Nintendo denied them (at least until Yamauchi left, then they of course were re-accepted).
Ichiban Crush
Vaporware Detective Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the story I heard, but the thing is, Iron Fist Yamauchi was the one responsible for bringing Square back right before he retired. o_O;;
Ernster
BANNED

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully a proto will surface one day, it would be really cool to play Final Fantasy on N64, but I doubt it will happen. :cry:
Kitsune
FURRY

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ichiban Crush wrote:
That's the story I heard, but the thing is, Iron Fist Yamauchi was the one responsible for bringing Square back right before he retired. o_O;;

"Oh, please, Square, come back to me! I know I've been bad, and that I had no right to hit you, but please! That bastard Sony doesn't have all the things I do! Please, forgive me!"

I need sleep.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kap
Minister of Paranoia
Minister of Paranoia

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ernster wrote:
Hopefully a proto will surface one day, it would be really cool to play Final Fantasy on N64, but I doubt it will happen. :cry:

it was a tech demo, if that. there is no proto.
Ballz
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kap wrote:
Ernster wrote:

it was a tech demo, if that. there is no proto.

And I don't think it was running on actual N64 hardware, just those Onyx processors I remember reading as being the shit in NexGen magazine all those years ago.

I miss NextGen. Red, do you have a large library of NG? There's a potential addition for the Lost Levels Library.
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish. I only have about four issues, and they're all awesome.
Ballz
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few old issues, but pretty much after around issue 20 or so I've got 'em all up to the very end. They're at my parents' house right now, I'll dig 'em up and go through 'em one of these days.

It kinda went to shit towards the end, but it was still better than anything else out there.
Kitsune
FURRY

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ballz wrote:
And I don't think it was running on actual N64 hardware, just those Onyx processors I remember reading as being the shit in NexGen magazine all those years ago.

I agree - those graphics are WAY too good for the N64. They seem to be at a mid-point between the PSX and Dreamcast.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
linlhutz
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ballz wrote:
I have a few old issues, but pretty much after around issue 20 or so I've got 'em all up to the very end. They're at my parents' house right now, I'll dig 'em up and go through 'em one of these days.

It kinda went to shit towards the end, but it was still better than anything else out there.

I also have every issue from mid 1996 (Sonic Nights issue is my earliest, I think) to the end. I really miss the great articles from those earlier issues. They had a monthly Arcade column and a retro-news section written by Steven L Kent.

They did go to hell after the Next-Gen name change. It was pretty pathetic when the writer of the Xbox article constantly second guessed every step Microsoft made and yet the Gamecube writer had nothing but praise for Nintendo. Now I love Nintendo and I'm not a Xbox fanboy by any streach but this bias was very obvious and sad. :(
Ballz
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitsune wrote:
Ballz wrote:

I agree - those graphics are WAY too good for the N64. They seem to be at a mid-point between the PSX and Dreamcast.

Well, the mid-point between PSX and Dreamcast would be a 64-bit system...
nixon
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ernster wrote:

I wasn't going to say anything about ernster's post but...

Ern: Did you not read the rest of this thread and how it never was on a N64 and was never a cartridge or was never more than a demo run on an onyx box? Oh. Right.
Blackjax
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still trying to find it, but there was an article in EGM back when the N64 was still called Project Reality that showed the FF64 demo, and someone from EGM lifted the curtain around the table and found the computer it was running on.

It definately was not on N64 hardware, so I doubt it will ever surface.
Kitsune
FURRY

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ballz wrote:
Well, the mid-point between PSX and Dreamcast would be a 64-bit system...

I meant graphic wise, not bit-wise. The quality seems a bit better than a PS1, but the textures are way too good for it, almost at a level of a Dreamcast, not to mention the um... roundness of the faces.

I always thought the DC was 64 bit, not 128 bit. Huh.
Ichiban Crush

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nixon wrote:
Ern: Did you not read the rest of this thread and how it never was on a N64 and was never a cartridge or was never more than a demo run on an onyx box? Oh. Right.

IS GOOD!

Oh wait, wrong guy.
Ernster
BANNED

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To tell you the truth, no I didnt read the whole thread.
Ballz
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I hope you've learned your lesson! Especially when hanging around these guys. They're scary. O_o
treeman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I am about to type here is from memory and I did read up on this, but there's no guarantee that my memory will be accurate or that what I read was true. I give this warning because I don't want TheRedEye to rip me a new hole like he did to that guy that posted that fake information :)

Final Fantasy SGI Demonstration was believed to be for the N64 but it was merely a demonstration of what a FF game would be like in 3D. Square and Nintendo's relationship was nearly dead but it was not Square's fault. Nintendo wasn't exactly kind to Square and the what pushed Square away completely was when a trade show was coming up (I can't remember which one), Nintendo had told Square that there would be space for them in Nintendo's booth so Square didn't get a booth of their own (I don't think Square was big enough to get their own booth, but I'm not sure about that.) Once the show came up, Nintendo screwed Square over and didn't have any space for them. That's when Square completely moved away from the Big N and Nintendo's president even when as far as publicly insult the Final Fantasy game series (what was said, I can't remember, but I'm sure some site on the net has got to have the quote). Square did their own little insult back when FF7 was advertised in the USA, they even said that it would be impossible for this game to be on cartridge (...N64...).

As for this game being made for the Super NES CD, that's not true, the game that was being made for the CD system was Romancing Saga. The game was supposedly finished, but then Nintendo canned the CD upgrade and system ported the game to a cart, but it was too big for a cart back then (probably too expensive to use bigger sized ROMs) and some things were taken out of the game, including an ending section of the game. All of these removed sections were added to game once it was released on the wonderswan color system.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: