Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:38 am

mystery megadrive peripherals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrdomino

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:43 am    Post subject: mystery megadrive peripherals Reply with quote

i came across this auction on ruten a while back for three mega drive related-items. a "genipak", "game adapter", and something called a "攔截者專用卡帶" which google translates as an "Intercept those dedicated cassette".

now, the seller has no idea what they do, and neither do i. i would guess that the game adapter is either an import or SMS adapter, but i could be wrong. and as for the genipak, realtec produced a famicom version of the nes game genie under license (it's pretty rare) so this might be the mega drive one, just with the name changed for some reason. or maybe they just produced their own cheat cartridge independently. OR maybe it's not even a cheat cartridge at all. and i couldn't even begin to guess at the functions of the intercept those dedicated cassette.

unfortunately since i bookmarked the auction and forgot about it, the items have sold to someone or other for the princely sum of NT$150 (about UK£3 or US$4.25), so even if someone happened to be in taiwan they're no longer up for grabs. but does anyone possibly have a clue what the bloody hell they are?
drx

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one of those Game Adapters (until I sacrificed one for a ROM dumper), they pretty much do nothing (they're like an extension cord), but I guess they work as an import adapter because of the cart's shape.

The other ones, no clue.
rbudrick
not rubrdick

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One looks like a pirate game, the other looks like a pirate Game Genie or PAR or something.

-Rob
StriderVM

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ones on the lower side are just converters that allow a Genesis cart to run on Megadrive systems and vice-versa, not sure about the one on the top.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: