Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:16 pm

Trying to figure out where to file these pictures

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
7HeroesForceBattle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:30 am    Post subject: Trying to figure out where to file these pictures Reply with quote

so I was looking around an old HD for a picture related to the Mega Man Zero series, only to stumble across another one I never got around to doing anything with:

This is a picture of an early scene in Mega Man Zero 2 where Elpizo is talking to the generic troops of the Resistance. The portrait shown besides the text is an unused version that's also quite clearly a rough sketch (compared to what is seen in the final game). I thought I wouldn't be able to find a source, but Gamespot luckily has the batch of screens it came from:

http://www.gamespot.com/gba/action/megamanzero2/images/0/126/

Here's the same shot with the portrait used in the final version:

http://www.gamespot.com/gba/action/megamanzero2/images/0/107/

While I was there, I also noticed (for the first time) that two mugshots (Cerveau and generic Resistance soldier) in the second batch of screens was taken from the original Zero, presumably because the art used in Zero 2 wasn't done yet:

http://www.gamespot.com/gba/action/megamanzero2/images/0/109/
http://www.gamespot.com/gba/action/megamanzero2/images/0/110/

(and yes, I double checked a video of the Japanese GBA release to make sure they didn't re-use the portraits from the first game)

...so, where do I put this stuff?

As far as I'm aware, these portraits aren't still in the game, so they wouldn't go on the Cutting Room wiki.

What does that leave? Unseen 64? One of dozens of Mega Man fan sites?
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely submit them to Unseen64, they're good about turning around and preserving information like this.
7HeroesForceBattle

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRedEye wrote:
Definitely submit them to Unseen64, they're good about turning around and preserving information like this.

I was kind of hoping I would get a different suggestion, because I find the blog format of U64 makes it a pain in the ass to read/find stuff in.

Oh well...someone else can go ahead and submit this (and any other Zero 2 differences in those shots). I don't want to sound like a dick, but when I store something in a filing system created by someone else, I prefer that it can quickly and easily be found again.
Xkeeper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Trying to figure out where to file these pictures Reply with quote

7HeroesForceBattle wrote:
As far as I'm aware, these portraits aren't still in the game, so they wouldn't go on the Cutting Room wiki.

...or would they?

Given that there's already a page for Meggerman Zero I don't see why we can't add a section at the bottom of the page for stuff like "Pre-release images".
Celine

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

7HeroesForceBattle wrote:

I was kind of hoping I would get a different suggestion, because I find the blog format of U64 makes it a pain in the ass to read/find stuff in.

Oh well...someone else can go ahead and submit this (and any other Zero 2 differences in those shots). I don't want to sound like a dick, but when I store something in a filing system created by someone else, I prefer that it can quickly and easily be found again.

How hard is to use the search function placed in the upper right part of the blog ?
It usually works good.
Otherwise I go to the system section I'm interested in and localize the entry using the browser "find function".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: