Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:15 am

New NES dumps
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BMF54123
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skrybe wrote:
Ah, cool. I don't expect any really big differences in Atlantis no Nazo, probably just small bugs that were fixed in the final, and little tweaks like the Key Word Kitazumi text.

Hmm. Perhaps the key word was changed to prevent reviewers from spoiling the secret before the game's release? I'm pretty sure the actual code is the same in both versions.

A friend and I dissected this game pretty thoroughly sometime last year, and we weren't able to find any other noticeable changes.
Skrybe
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, so I did show that older dump of the Atlantis no Nazo proto to the rest of the staff. I couldn't remember if I bothered posting it, since I wasn't sure if it was a good dump until bootgod redumped it.

BMF54123 wrote:
Perhaps the key word was changed to prevent reviewers from spoiling the secret before the game's release?

Could be. I was sorta thinking something along those same lines. It'd help if I knew what they ment by "Kitazumi".
Xkeeper

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could call me "Xkeeper" instead of "some friend" :P

In any case, yeah, I helped him rip it to shreds... there's no changes in the levels (at least, not graphic wise) and we really didn't scan much deeper than that.

We've been tempted to take a look though it with a code/data logger to see what isn't ever used, but we're always just a little bit lazy.

I guess I could always try a little harder, maybe by just doing a pure data test... who knows.

I always figured it was a way of inserting the developer's name into it (or something similar), then they realized that might not be so easy to figure out and changed it to something that made sense. BMF's theory makes sense too, though.
Gil-Galad

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skrybe wrote:
Ah, cool. I don't expect any really big differences in Atlantis no Nazo, probably just small bugs that were fixed in the final, and little tweaks like the Key Word Kitazumi text.

Feel free to let us know when you post those NSFs.

I have released the NSF for AV Dragon Mahjang HERE
Skrybe
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted a previously undumped revision of Exodus from Wisdom Tree.

I've also submitted some scans and tech info on the Titan Warriors prototype to bootgod's database.
Gil-Galad

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ripped the NSF for Exodus V5.0. I couldn't find a composer or programmer name after a couple relative searches, even though most of the text is in ASCII. Of course the graphic and level designers are noted right on the title screen.

Exodus V5.0 NSF

I have all of the tunes and one sound effect from the music test accessed directly from the title screen.
Skrybe
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated with a proto of the Japanese version of Super Spike V'Ball, courtesy of TheRedEye.

As a weird coincidence, this is the second game I've come across that had references to Australia removed for the final release, the other being Ikinari Musician.
Skrybe
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to lack of time on my part, I'm going start posting new dumps here on the forums, rather than updating my site. I've got a lot of stuff that I've been hanging onto for way too long, hopefully this way I can start getting things out there with a little more frequency.

Solstice (U) (Prototype)
Cartridge scan

Provided courtesy of rbudrick. This version allows you to go directly into the game from the title screen, where the retail version, both US and Japanese, makes you sit through the copyright screen first. That's the only thing of note I could find in a very brief look at the game, but there seems to be several changes in the code, so I'm pretty certain there are other differences in there.
Skrybe
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nantettatte!! Baseball (J) (Prototype)

Very quickly displays a message on startup, giving a build date of 12/22/1989. vgrebirth.com lists the release date as 10/26/90. Pressing Select at any point will cause gameplay to freeze. Pressing Start when the game is frozen will step the animation forward one frame at a time. Credit to kevtris for dumping this one.

The game will display a message and lock up if it doesn't detect any saved data. It may do this the first time you load the rom. Just soft reset the emulator to get around this.
KingMike

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you could just push a button at the message (which I believe says something like "Backup data cleared!")

Press A (and hold it to read the message) It says "Nanatte Baseball Sample Version" and the rest is in English.
Skrybe
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingMike wrote:
Or you could just push a button at the message

Oops. Yep, you're right.
Wonderbutt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks are in order.

Thanks, Skribe
Skrybe
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Week of Garfield (J) (Prototype)
Cartridge scan

Courtesy of TheRedEye. Doesn't seem to be too different from the final version. There's a sign in this version that reads "Restrant" that was corrected to "Restaurant" in the final.
Skrybe
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magician (U) (Older Beta)
NES Cart Database profile

Very interesting rom here, I wish I had the time to really dig into this and pick out all the differences. This is an early version of Magician, earlier than the existing prototype dump. This particular version is from before Nintendo's censors got their hands on the game, so all of the "objectionable" material, like getting drunk at the pub, is still in place! Chris Shrigley talked a little about this build, and the game in general, a while ago in this thread.
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skrybe wrote:
Magician (U) (Older Beta)
NES Cart Database profile

Very interesting rom here, I wish I had the time to really dig into this and pick out all the differences. This is an early version of Magician, earlier than the existing prototype dump. This particular version is from before Nintendo's censors got their hands on the game, so all of the "objectionable" material, like getting drunk at the pub, is still in place! Chris Shrigley talked a little about this build, and the game in general, a while ago in this thread.

Did Chris get a copy?
Skrybe
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not yet. Let me know the best way to reach him, and I'll send him a copy. Also, how would you guys feel about me giving the cartridge itself to Chris?
TheRedEye

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skrybe wrote:
Not yet. Let me know the best way to reach him, and I'll send him a copy. Also, how would you guys feel about me giving the cartridge itself to Chris?

Are you on LinkedIn? That's probably best. I'd do it myself, but if you're sending him the cart, you ought to.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found his email. I'll pass it on to you.
Skrybe
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanpaku Duck Yume Bouken (J) (Prototype)

The Japanese version of Duck Tales. This proto has a 1989 copyright date, versus 1990 in the retail version. Don't know what else was changed. This one comes courtesy of Chris Covell.

By the way, I emailed Chris Shrigley about that Magician proto, but I've yet to hear anything from him.
Skrybe
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wing of Madoola (J) (Prototype)
Cartridge scan

From TheRedEye. The retail version has some text in it that reads "It's a cat" in Japanese. That text is missing in this proto. I'm not sure what significance, if any, that has on the gameplay. Otherwise this seems to be nearly identical to the retail version.
Skrybe
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Pinball (J) (Prototype)
Cartridge scan

This proto has a debugging feature active that lets you freeze the pinball with the Select button, then move it around the table with controller 2. Pressing Start on controller 1 returns the pinball to its normal movement. There are several small graphical differences in this version, and the cartridge is dated a little over three months prior to the release date.

It's also worth noting that this is the same game that was announced in the US as Super Sushi Pinball.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: