Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:03 am

Asuka 120% Limit Over
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ProgrammingAce

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked the boot sector with a hex editor, that doesn't seem to be the issue... Either nero is making an image that isn't compatible w/ SSF or the patch itself doesn't work...

I'll keep playing with it until i figure something out.
ProgrammingAce

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i can't seem to make a viable saturn iso at all, patched or not. At least not one that works with SSF (don't have any other way to test).

I've tried using these instructions:
http://www.rockin-b.de/saturn-patching-enemyzero.html

And the ones that were on the original website.

Problem is, i have to break down the original iso into it's individual files and reassemble them, which most tools aren't designed to do.

Anyone have a better set of instructions on how to reassemble the iso? I'm going to keep playing around with it...
Vlcice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried clicking the link to get the 0.exe file, to see if I could have more luck patching it, but it redirected me to your main page. Have you taken the file down?
ProgrammingAce

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... two things wrong here. 1) the file didn't transfer to the server right. 2) My server host set has security set so that applications can be run remotely over the web... remind me to write a C++ app that replaces all .html files with a picture of my ass to show them how dangerous that can be....

Either way, i uploaded a copy of the whole set of documents, including the boot sector app, and the "corrected" patcher. Both the modified 0.bin and the patched one are included in the rar, just delete them if you want to run it yourself. (0.old is the unmodified version)

http://programmingace.com/limitover.rar
powerspike

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sorta works. I'm sure I could get it working properly if I spent more time on it. It locks up before a match starts, but that's probably because it's missing the cd audio files. Either that or I missed some files to patch it with.

Edit: Where exactly are the added movies? That lo archive wasn't nearly big enough to contain any movies.

Edit2: For some reason I read the first post as added movies and not moves. My eye sight must be going. :p

Last edited by powerspike on Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:16 am; edited 3 times in total
ProgrammingAce

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding was that it added new moves, not movies... but then again, according to babelfish it also adds sea urchins, so i dunno.

Out of pure curiosity, how'd you get that to boot?
powerspike

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I guess I shouldn't of used the word patch. I just loaded up magiciso and used it to over write the files from the cd image I made. Also the game never locked up SSF was just really slow.
ProgrammingAce

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

powerspike wrote:
Well I guess I shouldn't of used the word patch. I just loaded up magiciso and used it to over write the files from the cd image I made. Also the game never locked up SSF was just really slow.

Hmm... i've tried magiciso 6 times and every time it ends up wiping out the boot sector on me.... patching it manually w/ a hex editor corrupted the image for some reason. Maybe i'm doing something wrong, i'll try again.
powerspike

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea why it didn't replace the boot sector. I'll just upload the complete image so you can take a look. I don't want to give it out to people since it's the entire game. Maybe you could make a patch against mine for anyone else who owns it.
ProgrammingAce

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would be very cool, i can make a patch against a working version.

I just tried magicISO again, and it still isn't working right... i must be doing something wrong.
handofg0d

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see it looks like someone got it working.

While I was looking for the instructions (before they were posted) I found the cover artwork. I'll post it for anyone who might want it:

ProgrammingAce

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, now i have a working copy thanks to powerspike. I'll have a patch out within the next 24 hours.

It does run slow as hell on SSF tho, where the original runs fine. It may be the music, i'll play around.
Vlcice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, it looks like I'm just too late; I was able to get it running too. I'm glad it didn't turn out to be too serious a problem!
ProgrammingAce

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patch is done. I'm going to make a second one to work straight off of a bin/cue, but that had taken up 7 GB of ram so i killed it. I'll set it to run overnight or something.

Anyway, let me know how this works and i'll write a better version:

http://programmingace.com/Asuka120LimitOverPatch.rar
exodus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaaaaaaaaawesome, I'll try this when I get home. I won't be able to report my findings right away as I'm netless there (burning this to a disc at work right now), but I'll share my results on monday.
rekcah999

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also have trouble with a sega saturn game... using the SSF emulator... I get the Disc is Unsuitable error message... Trying to play Lunar the Silver Star Story (J).

I have the bin and cue files for it.. I have the japanese bios, labled.. Sega 101.. and the region is set to Japan. I mounted the bin and cue files with Daemon tools...

I dunno, I'm not a pro at this thing and not sure... Is it not compatible? I saw a compatiblity list... http://www.segasaturn.org/. It says it's playable... I have noooo cluuuue... any help would be appreciated, though I'm not sure this is the right place to ask... Just did because this thread was also about a sega saturn game and ssf was mentioned...
exodus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as an update for me - I haven't gotten the patch in there yet, my version of nero doesn't support the methodology included...Nero Express (which came with my burner...I may have to resort to nefarious methods) doesn't seem to be capable of ripping isos.

But once I figure this out, I'll be patching away.
ProgrammingAce

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in nero express, click the "More >>" button. Then on the bottom click the "Save Tracks to HD" button to get to the same screen as the "Recorder --> Save Tracks" option in the normal version.
linlhutz
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rekcah999 wrote:
I'm also have trouble with a sega saturn game... using the SSF emulator... I get the Disc is Unsuitable error message... Trying to play Lunar the Silver Star Story (J).

I have the bin and cue files for it.. I have the japanese bios, labled.. Sega 101.. and the region is set to Japan. I mounted the bin and cue files with Daemon tools...

I dunno, I'm not a pro at this thing and not sure... Is it not compatible? I saw a compatiblity list... http://www.segasaturn.org/. It says it's playable... I have noooo cluuuue... any help would be appreciated, though I'm not sure this is the right place to ask... Just did because this thread was also about a sega saturn game and ssf was mentioned...

This usually happens when a ISO is region modded. Someone may have changed it to USA or PAL.

Easiest thing to do is start up SSF and go to Options -> Program3 -> and check the box for NOT USE BIOS.

Then exit SSF (save changes is asked) and restart.
It should boot directly to the game disc - bypassing the BIOS (and region check) all together.

Also note the version of SSF used in the compatibility list as some games are broken with the newer versions.
rekcah999

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I try to bypass the BIOS under the program 3 tab, it freezes up on me on the latest version of SSF. Well, when I try playing Lunar anyways. The bypass option works with another game, say... Dragon Force.

Anyhow... I also tried the version that website said it was compatible with (along with several other versions). It didn't freeze, but it came up with a message that just said... ??????????. Then nothing loaded...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: