Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:17 pm

My Acclaim treasures from NY + FFX

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rukes

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:02 am    Post subject: My Acclaim treasures from NY + FFX Reply with quote

As some of you may know (those that go on Something Awful and NeoGAF), I used to work for Acclaim. I quit there just shy of 2 weeks before it went bankrupt and shut its doors.

I was the only tester on the team for All Star Baseball 2004 Xbox (Online) and ReVolt, both which were canceled (with the former not coming out until the 2005 version if I recall).

The good thing about the side area of the complex I was in was that it also doubled as storage, so I was able to grab some little things such as Turok/Extreme G/Forsaken soundtracks, but also some betas and unreleased stuff lying around that was going to be thrown out.

Here's some pics of what I have...let me know if anything spurs any interest (apologies for the quick pics, just got back from vacation in NY where I got all this stuff):

PlayStation 2 Hardware Docs:

Blank GD-ROM disc:

Dakar 2 for GameCube (Final retail version I think):

Street Fighter: The Movie for Saturn (Looks like final retail):

Not labeled, but if I recall, it's a beta version of the first Dave Mirra game for PlayStation 1:

ECW 1 Pre-alpha (Guessing PS1?):

Trickstyle demo for Dreamcast (I think this is the same one on the PlayStation Mag Demo Disc):

Katana GD-ROM of (if I recall) some golf game:

If I recall, final version of Dakar 2 for Xbox:

Final Fantasy X US 80% beta (Game can be completed, I think the translation wasn't fully complete):
ProgrammingAce

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: My Acclaim treasures from NY + FFX Reply with quote

Rukes wrote:

Not labeled, but if I recall, it's a beta version of the first Dave Mirra game for PlayStation 1:

Looks like a dreamcast disc to me...

All very cool.
I am Christina Aguilera

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: My Acclaim treasures from NY + FFX Reply with quote

Rukes wrote:

Under title, it says "Golf Yarouze." *shrug* No idea, never heard of it.

Edit:
http://dreamcast.ign.com/objects/013/013439.html
Same developer, "Bottom Up."
Rukes

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: My Acclaim treasures from NY + FFX Reply with quote

ProgrammingAce wrote:
Rukes wrote:

Looks like a dreamcast disc to me...

All very cool.

Oh yeah, it is Dreamcast. I forgot it didn't have a case, so I grabbed a blank PS1 CD-R case to put it in :)
PACHUKA

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: My Acclaim treasures from NY + FFX Reply with quote

Rukes wrote:
As some of you may know (those that go on Something Awful and NeoGAF), I used to work for Acclaim. I quit there just shy of 2 weeks before it went bankrupt and shut its doors.

I was the only tester on the team for All Star Baseball 2004 Xbox (Online) and ReVolt, both which were canceled (with the former not coming out until the 2005 version if I recall).

The good thing about the side area of the complex I was in was that it also doubled as storage, so I was able to grab some little things such as Turok/Extreme G/Forsaken soundtracks, but also some betas and unreleased stuff lying around that was going to be thrown out.

Here's some pics of what I have...let me know if anything spurs any interest (apologies for the quick pics, just got back from vacation in NY where I got all this stuff):

PlayStation 2 Hardware Docs:

Blank GD-ROM disc:

Dakar 2 for GameCube (Final retail version I think):

Street Fighter: The Movie for Saturn (Looks like final retail):

ECW 1 Pre-alpha (Guessing PS1?):

Trickstyle demo for Dreamcast (I think this is the same one on the PlayStation Mag Demo Disc):

If I recall, final version of Dakar 2 for Xbox:

Final Fantasy X US 80% beta (Game can be completed, I think the translation wasn't fully complete):

Any chance you plan on ripping those? If so, I have, and I'm sure a helthy handful of other people have the means to get those dumped/ripped.
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to the bankruptcy auction in New York! There was a very large milk crate full of CD-R cases with labels for all sorts of Saturn, Dreamcast and PlayStation builds, and all of them were empty. That was upsetting.
ProgrammingAce

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRedEye wrote:
I went to the bankruptcy auction in New York! There was a very large milk crate full of CD-R cases with labels for all sorts of Saturn, Dreamcast and PlayStation builds, and all of them were empty. That was upsetting.

Somehow i don't think that was the most upsetting thing that happened to you at the auction...
Rukes

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Re: My Acclaim treasures from NY + FFX Reply with quote

PACHUKA wrote:

Any chance you plan on ripping those? If so, I have, and I'm sure a helthy handful of other people have the means to get those dumped/ripped.

Yeah, that's my plan :) Putting all the stuff up to see if anyone is interested. PM me if you want and we can figure it out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: