Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:39 pm

Tale Of Despereaux for the Xbox 360

View previous topic :: View next topic  
packratshow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Tale Of Despereaux for the Xbox 360 Reply with quote

...that's about all I had to say.

There may be pallets of this in a warehouse somewhere if they haven't already been destroyed. As I understand, the covers for the released ps2, ds, and wii versions have Brash Entertainment but no mention of Atari(who bought the rights) because they were made while Brash still existed.

I may be the only one who cares about this.

Last edited by packratshow on Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:55 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Richter Belmont

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone managed to save a few of these from destruction, I might be interested. It would be a cool collector's item, and I would actually be really interested to see if you could unlock achievement points.
Carnivol
gay dickhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter Belmont wrote:
If anyone managed to save a few of these from destruction, I might be interested. It would be a cool collector's item, and I would actually be really interested to see if you could unlock achievement points.

If the game was finished, approved by MS, playable on a retail 360 and all that nick nack, then you should certainly be able to gain achievements in it.

If the game was never finished; it depends on whether or not they'd actually added the achievements system to the game yet or not yet (+ there are certainly measures in place to prevent you from getting non-existent games on your gamertag)
ProgrammingAce

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the game ever made it to stamping.
packratshow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure how to prove if anyone has earned achievements on it, but there is a complete listing of them on various sites.

The link below has a few of the achievement icons in color that seem to correspond to achievements you would earn while playing the first couple of levels of the game. This also seems to indicate that they were able to pull the completed achievements icons from xbox.com. It could have been from a review copy but I haven't found any reviews online.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/the-tale-of-despereaux/achievements/
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ProgrammingAce

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they could pull the achievements off of partnernet (the internal testing version of xbox live). They would show up there months before the game releases.
Carnivol
gay dickhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. I'm almost certain that there's a lot of stuff being fished out from depths of partnernet for the listings you find on different sites.
packratshow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the info about the game already being in production when Brash was closed:

http://weblogs.variety.com/the_cut_scene/2008/12/brashs-tale-of.html

"The deal is so last minute that Brash actually had the game in production when it shut down. So while Atari is publishing, the box art will say Brash."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: