Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:20 am

Unreleased Steven Seagal SNES Game Article/Interview

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NESPlayer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:32 am    Post subject: Unreleased Steven Seagal SNES Game Article/Interview Reply with quote

I recently purchased a Super Nintendo prototype cartridge of the unreleased Steven Seagal is The Final Option. After dumping the data, it sadly turned out to be the same as the ROM readily available on the Internet.

To find out more about this game's history, I interviewed Steve Wik of Running With Scissors (the makers of the Postal series). Steve was closely attached to the project, and he has a great sense of humor about it all.

Click here for the article/interview. Thanks for your time.
Evan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, coincidentally, I was looking at the January 1994 issue of Gamepro earlier today and saw a blurb about this game. The Gamepro article said that Seagal was intimately involved in the story of the game, I guess that was a big lie!
KingMike

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did they say he was intimately involved in WRITING the story?

Because, if I understand it right, in the game you would play AS Seagal himself. If so, that statement would technically be correct. You can't get more intimate than that. :)
BBH

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice article! Love the fact that the designers got the same amount of joy out of Not-Seagal's "AAAAAAaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaa" falling voice that all of us have.
I am Christina Aguilera

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The first producer TecMagik gave us was a woman who we were told got her job because she’d “graduated from Harvard School of Business” and “was formerly a bank manager.” Pretty much the first thing she made clear to us was that she’d never played a video game in her life. We foolishly thought that would work to our advantage and lead her to trust our knowledge and design instincts, but that wasn’t to be the case. In the end, she looked at our design with all the stealth mechanics and said, “Why are you doing all this? Why don’t you just make it like Streets of Rage 2? That game sold a million units, clearly it’s what the kids want!”

Harvard Woman is right, Streets of Rage 2 is still awesome.
ArnoldRimmer83
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the article. Its always interesting/amusing to hear the stories of games like this. Also I'd love to play a Seagal driving game with his pony tail flapping out the window.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: