Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:36 am

Zatsugaku Olympic Part II (FDS game question)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adaml
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:56 am    Post subject: Zatsugaku Olympic Part II (FDS game question) Reply with quote

I've been plowing through some Famicom Disk System games of late and was wondering if anyone knows anything about Zatsugaku Olympic Part II. I think it is an unlicensed (pirate?) game by a company called Phoenix. It is similar to some of the Hacker Famicom/NES pirates, as you answer questions and each correct answer reveals more of the naked girl hidden underneath squares.

Anyway, I get to the 4th girl, get to see the goods, then the FDS asks you to switch sides, but it won't allow you to switch to Side B. I have yet to try this on another emulator other than FCE Ultra, but does anyone know if the disk image is corrupt for this game?
KingMike

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if it's related to how you use the disk-flip keys?
Some games only detect when the disk is flipped to the correct side, others wait for it to be ejected before detecting if it's flipped. And I think with a few, I had to wait a few seconds before inserting before it would be detected (which is how long it'd take to physically turn it on a real system).
Unlikely, though.
adaml
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The flip keys (F8 eject disk, F6 switch sides, F8 Insert disk) don't work properly on this game for some reason. It won't let you switch to Side B, which you need to do to move on in the game. You can eject the disk, but F6 just stays on Side A.
Tongueman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The disk image out there is missing side 2. If an FDS image is 64k, it's one side only; if 128k, 2 sides.
adaml
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This makes sense. I'm guessing this one is hard to find too. If I happen to locate one is there anyone here who can "rip/dump/whatever you call extracting an FDS image"?
ReyVGM

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got mail.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: