Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:38 am

Who has...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
90's Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Who has... Reply with quote

This screenshot is taken from a scan of Super Pro magazine, thanks to Retromags.

As i said on another board...

Quote:
The Lawnmower Man II is of course the actually released Lawnmower Man for SNES, one of my fav' titles on it, created by Simon Pick. A beta version of the game is also brought into the open. It contains another soundtrack, different sound effects, other intro sequence, the order of levels was altered, some level designs were changed, and it seems a harder game. Unfortunately i could not find any footage of it. The upper screen however seems a unique one, as i didn't encounter a gigantic head of the antagonist 'Jobe'.

Last edited by 90's Gamer on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:52 am; edited 2 times in total
ICEknight

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like a mockup to me. Note how the running enemies are coincidentially showing all four different animation frames.
90's Gamer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ICEknight wrote:
That looks like a mockup to me. Note how the running enemies are coincidentially showing all four different animation frames.

I just checked out the beta code of the game. The first enemies, the soldiers that i encountered in the game, were in fact all showing different animation frames as i paused. In fact; the 4 soldiers on-screen show exactly those four frames of animation as shown on the shot.

In other words, there must be a third code in existence at least. That is, if the developer (Simon Pick in this case) preserved the code.

What also might be of interest is the fact that the game wasn't initially planned to be published by THQ. The final code shows THQ as publisher, the beta one doesn't show any publisher at all.
90's Gamer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a shot i made to show you that the characters all have their own starting point in animation, to create the illusion of realism, of unique independent characters.
ICEknight

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, well that's pretty cool.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: