Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:04 am

Okay, so I got this new FC Multi...

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DavidDurica



Joined: 02 Dec 2003
Posts: 166
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Okay, so I got this new FC Multi... Reply with quote

But it doesn't work in my Famicom.
The cart is from the "Y2K 64-in-one" series, and was being sold as an accessory to those lousy Power Player Famiclones that are at all the malls these days.
The cart does work in my Polystation, and I haven't tried it in any of my other FClones yet. My favorite of the goofy pirate sprite hacks is Dig Dug, now with Hello Kitty instead of Dig Dug guy. Oddly, though, my other FC multicart works in my FC, and it too is a "Y2K 64-in-one" cart, although the new one has different games.

While out and about (The Swap Shop in Ft Lauderdale), I also saw some GB multicarts, only they were in GBA cases. And $50. Screw that. Even with Mario Land hacked to feature Pikachu, I'm not paying over $15 for a multi, unless it kicks everything else's ass. Like that 8-in-1 all Kunio cart, or the Rockman 1-6 that was on ebay a while back.

So, anyway. Does anybody know of A/V Famicoms not working with multi carts that _do_ work on Famiclones?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
PopaSmear
Staff
Staff


Joined: 28 Aug 2003
Posts: 178

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems plausible. I know NOA was much bigger on copy protection initially, but both companies liked upgrading hardware.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi


Joined: 26 Aug 2003
Posts: 4190
Location: Oakland, CA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my unprofessional (but experienced!) opinion, if it doesn't work on a Famiclone, it's busted.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
DavidDurica



Joined: 02 Dec 2003
Posts: 166
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In my unprofessional (but experienced!) opinion, if it doesn't work on a Famiclone, it's busted.

No, it works on the clone, not on the A/V.

But, it also has the glitchy scrolling on Gradius that comes up on bad dumps of the game, so it might just be poorly made (NEVER!). I'll also try cleaning the hell out of my A/V, it _has_ been a while.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi


Joined: 26 Aug 2003
Posts: 4190
Location: Oakland, CA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I misunderstood. Sorry.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
pentarou



Joined: 05 Oct 2003
Posts: 22
Location: England

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:24 am    Post subject: Re: Okay, so I got this new FC Multi... Reply with quote

DavidDurica wrote:
The cart is from the "Y2K 64-in-one" series, and was being sold as an accessory to those lousy Power Player Famiclones that are at all the malls these days.
The cart does work in my Polystation, and I haven't tried it in any of my other FClones yet. My favorite of the goofy pirate sprite hacks is Dig Dug, now with Hello Kitty instead of Dig Dug guy. Oddly, though, my other FC multicart works in my FC, and it too is a "Y2K 64-in-one" cart, although the new one has different games.

I think I've got that one. Does it have Warpman hacked with Pikachu, and Binary Land with Doraemon(s)?

Quote:
While out and about (The Swap Shop in Ft Lauderdale), I also saw some GB multicarts, only they were in GBA cases. And $50. Screw that. Even with Mario Land hacked to feature Pikachu, I'm not paying over $15 for a multi, unless it kicks everything else's ass.

you're not missing much if that Mario hack (Super Pika Land) is the only unusual thing on there - it's not an original pirate hack, it was actually released on the net long before it started appearing on multicarts.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ancient Oldie



Joined: 28 Nov 2003
Posts: 60

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, you live in South Florida too.

What guy at the Swap Shop were you trying to buy this from? Not to go way off topic, but I had met some dude over there last Sunday who was selling a Virtual Boy and a bunch of other goodies. When I began talking to him, he said he had a large number of rare games, proto's and an MVS system he wanted to sell for some good prices, and I wrote down his number. Well, when I called, they told me that he didn't live there anymore, and I've been looking for the guy at the Shop since.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Richter Belmont



Joined: 16 Jan 2004
Posts: 280
Location: Murfreesboro, TN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost bought a Super Joy III from a local shop once, but it was missing the accompanying multicart and the AC adapter, plus the guy on duty didn't know how much to charge for it. I knew which AC's could sub for it though, so I hooked it up for him to test it out.

I tried out some of the built-in games, they were nuts. I think one was a Pokemon hack of Tiny Toon Adventures or something... I remember one game had Pikachu.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DavidDurica



Joined: 02 Dec 2003
Posts: 166
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Heh, you live in South Florida too.

What guy at the Swap Shop were you trying to buy this from? Not to go way off topic, but I had met some dude over there last Sunday who was selling a Virtual Boy and a bunch of other goodies. When I began talking to him, he said he had a large number of rare games, proto's and an MVS system he wanted to sell for some good prices, and I wrote down his number. Well, when I called, they told me that he didn't live there anymore, and I've been looking for the guy at the Shop since.

Damn, best I ever saw was a guy out in the "Not stolen, really" section in the Drive-In part. He had a bunch of TG-16 and other old-school system parts. Like a TG Multitap.
I got the multi from a dealer out in the covered outdoor section. I think it was back and to the left. The GB multi was from the video game store inside near the food court.
Over at Festival Flea Market there's a dealer with a PS1-type Famiclone, with two DDR pads along with the normal controllers, for $40. I almost got that, but decided against it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DavidDurica



Joined: 02 Dec 2003
Posts: 166
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think I've got that one. Does it have Warpman hacked with Pikachu, and Binary Land with Doraemon(s)?

Yeah, I think so. Is Warpman that overhead shooter that looks like something on the TI-94a?
The cart also has Gradius, Pinball, Excitebike, Macross, Lode Runner hacked with a Ninja Turtle, an HK original Go game, (and more), and the cover has Ken, along with a bunch of other non-sequiter chara.
But it does have "Ding Dong", the Doreamon/Doremi Binary Land hack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
pentarou



Joined: 05 Oct 2003
Posts: 22
Location: England

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the same cart - mine just has a different label (plain orange with "Power Joy PJ-001" on it - presumably it was sold with Power Joy FC clones)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

RSS


Powered by phpBB 2.0.23 © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group