Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:16 am

Review of OneStation's 16-bit games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tongueman

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Review of OneStation's 16-bit games Reply with quote

Hey, folks. Yes, this is at least 5 years too late, but I pulled my OneStation portable out of storage recently and felt the need to review it and take some screenshots of the 16-bit games package. Check it out if you're interested:

http://www.chrismcovell.com/OneStation/

Gil-Galad

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should consider opening up the case and looking at the various components, if it's possible. Might give you a better idea of the hardware.

That portable looks pretty neat though.
Tongueman

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many people already have. The OneStation itself is just a joypad, power supply, speaker, and screen. The cartridges themselves house the game system in an NOAC (for 8-bit) or Sunplus (for 16-bit) under a gloptop, and a TSOP flash ROM containing all the games. I don't have a TSOP reader so I can't dump the ROMs and check them out. That's one reason I set up my page; I found very little technical information about the OneStation besides one guy who dumped the flash in his Famicom multicart. But Famicom multicarts are boring compared to original 16-bit hardware.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: