Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:44 am

New Diablo Beta

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Borman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: New Diablo Beta Reply with quote

Just to get this out of the way: No, I wont be releasing this. Sorry.

This build was a review build, which is a few months older than the old beta that has been on the Internet for a few years. It more closely resembles the retail version of the game, but debug functions and early features are still remaining in this build. I am using the USA retail build for comparisons. For reference, although I am using EPSXE which causes some graphical errors, this build functions perfectly on my debug Playstation 1, but I am currently without a capture card. Let's get started!

First up, the Splash screen:

While the old beta lacks the copyright text and the press start text, this new beta does have it.

Next up, the main menu, which again has differences with the old beta

The options screen is more interesting:

All of the builds have different menu options, notably in this new build is the "Bent" selection, which displays a cheat menu:

Onto the character creation, the old beta has all difficulties unlocked, the new again resembles the retail

Even the loading screen has changed between betas:

The main menu in game again shows the differences between builds, notably lacking a cheat menu in this new beta:

One of the general things youll see is that the old build had different text placement for buttons. It also has different sized text boxes at times, along with a quit button that overlaps the buttons, which the new build lacks. It is lacking the cheat menu until you hit L1 at least:

The cheat menus are slightly different between builds, with the new build allowing for Gold.

And to wrap it up for now, both betas have a special pause menu, each with differences:

The new build and old build both allow level selection, but the levels in the new build wrap around, so if you are on level 0 of the new build, hitting a button can take you to level 16, while on the old build you would have to scroll.

More to come when I can get to it Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: