Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:33 am

Piko Interactive's Proto/copyright Acquisitions - Official

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pikointeractive

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:53 am    Post subject: Piko Interactive's Proto/copyright Acquisitions - Official Reply with quote

Hey Guys, so lately we have been working on full force to acquire prototypes along their rights to finish the games and publish them. I want to keep this thread open to discuss the games that we have acquired and the status of each game (usually we get games incomplete).

-Game Name - Status - Description

-Dorke and Ymp SNES - Fully Playable - New World added from source code acquired, New music, bug fixes, and additional boss fights. Available for purchase at http://pikointeractive.com/store.html and Steam.

- Pinkie SNES - Fully Playable - debug mode turned off - Currently WTB CD32 and Megadrive protos. Scheduled to release in 2017

-Indigo ST/Amiga - Fully Playable - Game fully playable dumps available online. We are planning GBA/GenesisJaguar ports along physical CD32 physical release.

-Tyrannosaurus Tex GBC - Fully Playable - Proto Rom acquired from fellow Assemblergames member, seems to be fully playable working on a couple of small things that need polish. Physical release for GBC planned for 2017. PC Remaster planned as well as Genesis port planned.

-Jim Power The Lost Dimension Genesis - Fully Playable - Optimized to work on both PAL and NTSC, fully playable with all songs, will be released in a planned Jim Power Crowdfunding campaign along with every physical version of every Retro platform.

-Video Kid SNES - NOT FOUND - Unfortunately the programmer and sub-publisher lost all data of the SNES version. WTB SNES prototype. Hoping Kemco Japan has a back up somewhere.

-Switchblade II NES - NOT FOUND - Developer who coded mentioned he may have a back up but lead went cold. Currently WTB prototype of the NES version; hoping Kemco Japan has a back up.

-Madness House of Fun Genesis - NOT FOUND - Have a lead of the game,confirmation of its existence and "several levels developed. Game was based of Harlequin with music from the UK band. WTB Prototype.

-Alfred Chicken Sega Genesis - Found/WIP - Found working binary from original developer. Soundless, no music, no FX; working on inserting both of them. Most SFX have been inserted, music needs to be developed in VGM format. New tools under development to convert or re-compose music to VGM. ROM has been tested with other VGM songs and works. May be released in 2017

-ODEMA GBA - Found /WIP - Found the source code for part of the games, art assets for the full game and very early build of the game. Game will be re-written from scratch it seems. Have a lead of a collector that owns a later proto but not willing to sell. WTB Proto for ODEMA GBA

I've been very busy, this is time consuming and expensive, but I'm glad there is progress. Any comments or questions please let me know. Any lead of attainable license/rights protos would be appreciated!

Last edited by Pikointeractive on Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mention Kaneko Japan a couple times, does this mean you're in talks with them? Would love to see SwitchBlade II NES, there are tons of screenshots and it was obviously far along/done.
Tongueman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do hope you are in talks with Kemco. I don't see how Kaneko could possibly have Switchblade and Video Kid, etc.
TheRedEye

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha.
Pikointeractive

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wups meant Kemco LAUGHING OUT LOUD. I must have posted kaneko because a current crowdfunding campaign.

Anyways, yeah we have some contact with Kemco and initially they said they have nothing. But talk was brief, didn't even show them the artworks they had done for those games.
rolan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with video kid, madness and switchblade 2 - it might be easier to find people from developer gremlin - most of the ones still in the industry went to Sumo or Kuji games as same city/founders - theres a few knocking around in facebook gaming groups that sometimes chip into discussions but i can't remember exactly who or what group.
Pikointeractive

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We found Harlquin port to Genesis by pure luck! but it is not madness version but is called PJ Gumball Hero. It was almost finished and we are fixing it up.

Chris Harvey did told me just now that he looked Switchblade II rom everywhere and couldn't find it; also that he had an Alpha version of Zool for NES, also thrown away.

For Video Kid, I got Stu Cook to look for it, with no success. He said it was 100% done.

So, I still believe Switchblade II can turn up any time as it was finished.
MathUser2929

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good!
TheRedEye

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fwiw I think Switchblade II is probably among the most promising unreleased NES games that haven't materialized yet, sad to hear that Chris didn't have it.
Pikointeractive

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I really hope it turns up. Got another lead of another Gremlin employee that might help!
Kid Fenris

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRedEye wrote:
fwiw I think Switchblade II is probably among the most promising unreleased NES games that haven't materialized yet, sad to hear that Chris didn't have it.

Why's that? It looks kinda bland, apart from the artwork.

https://www.unseen64.net/2016/01/19/switchblade-2-nes-cancelled/
TheRedEye

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The computer game is an okay-ish platformer that could be tweaked to feel good on an NES. I don't think it would be a GOOD game, but of the not-released-anywhere stuff that's left, there isn't too much that's actually that promising from what we've seen.
Kid Fenris

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, a lot of the still-lost unreleased NES games were shown in only a few screenshots (and perhaps not even close to finished), but I'm still more interested in something like Mariner's Run or Shogun Maeda or even Dinosaur Legend than a game that's technically out already.

Don't let me discourage searching, though. Even a standard NES side-scroller would be a neat find these days.
Pikointeractive

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got Odema source and a couple of ROMs Both ROMS incomplete, one can let you walk through 3 levels. The other one has enemies etc, but is not functional and then glitches out.

There is out there a much later ROM with 4 complete levels with bosses, Collector-Thor is the one that owns it a won't return my emails to buy it/trade it. Hope I can somehow get to talk to him in another way (may be he doesn't check emails).

The source has all 7 levels, most enemies, but is missing the big machines showed on the trailer as well as a few insect enemies. What is good is that I have that video and some screenshots to recreate those sprites and keep the game as true as the original.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: