Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:18 am

Russian Final Fantasy knock-off for Genesis

View previous topic :: View next topic  
No-face

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Russian Final Fantasy knock-off for Genesis Reply with quote

This is something curious which I found by accident after doing a search on Planet Emulation.

At first I thought it must be a hack - Final Fantasy for the Genesis? But no, it's a completely original non-Square RPG which for some reason has decided to call itself "Final Fantasy". Seems quite good as well, if only I could work out what was going on.

My guess is that whoever the distributor was tried to cash in on the success of the real FF series(presumably a little hard to come by in the former Soviet Union) by taking an existing game and just changing the name, and hoping no-one would be the wiser.

Unfortunately finding out anything about it is rather difficult since a)I can't read Russian and b)typing "Russian Final Fantasy" into google brings up a lot of sites I'd rather not visit.

Oh, here's the link: http://www.planetemu.net/index.php?section=roms&dat=174&action=showrom&id=160979
Carnivol
gay dickhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone hack it and add a run button, please...

Battles looks kinda nice, infact, the game itself atleast 'looks' kinda nice.
Mxyzptlk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got that too, but in Chinese! It's probably a Hong Kong original since the Chinese version is well documented in the Genesis Collective. But who knows...

http://www.genesiscollective.com/ShowPage.php?GameLink=1294
Ark ~ The 6th Commandment
Shitty Gimmick

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:21 am    Post subject: RE: Reply with quote

Wow, Final Fantasy Magic Knight: Braver Battle Saga is translated into Russian! It's a chinese/taiwan fan-original. Quite a feat! Too bad the english version is unavailable, though! I was quite into the MD RPG scene sometime back and there are several fascinating Taiwan RPGs for the console (including Conquering the World 3, based on Sanguo stories) the 'tiger hunter hero novel' or more CORRECTLY known as "The Water Margin", it's based on an old chinese folktale. And of course Fengshen Yingjiechuan, among others.
iamstillhiro1112

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stumbled across this game some time ago also during my quest to make codes for every game that does not yet have codes. Um, heres some codes I made in case you wanna cheat while playing this.

http://www.thegshi.org/?s=v2&sys=8&gid=220
merp
BANNED

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like another job for the Super Fighter Team.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
adaml
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Reply with quote

Ark ~ The 6th Commandment wrote:
Wow, Final Fantasy Magic Knight: Braver Battle Saga is translated into Russian! It's a chinese/taiwan fan-original. Quite a feat! Too bad the english version is unavailable, though! I was quite into the MD RPG scene sometime back and there are several fascinating Taiwan RPGs for the console (including Conquering the World 3, based on Sanguo stories) the 'tiger hunter hero novel' or more CORRECTLY known as "The Water Margin", it's based on an old chinese folktale. And of course Fengshen Yingjiechuan, among others.

Of course!
FlareNUKE

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I found that on DGemu.com...

It's quite a shame I can't translate it... If it were in Spanish or French I would just open my Transhextion and edit it...
Ichiban Crush
Vaporware Detective Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

merp wrote:
Looks like another job for the Super Fighter Team.

...only for no one with a lick of brains to buy into their bullshit.
merp
BANNED

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn. I would have bought one for $25. I think $46 is a bit over the line.

Accepting money before the product is available... Sure. I'd love to invest $46 dollars in a company that has a release record of one.

Psst... If you were inferring about me. That was a sarcastic comment, by the way.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ichiban Crush

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm mostly pissed off Death Adder had to go open his mouth and make stupidwords over on Whirlpool. I'm not even a fantranslator but that was a slap in the face even to blokes like me.

But enough of that mess because we all heard the rants... what are the odds of anyone picking this up to translate? Would it be a nightmare to pick through?

I haven't actually played it yet, mainly because I've been writing up an article while being sick x_x Sad that I have more time to write about games than really play 'em.
ICEknight

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Reply with quote

Ark ~ The 6th Commandment wrote:
It's a chinese/taiwan fan-original.

"Fan original" or "pirate original"?
FlareNUKE

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There's a Japanese guy who actually collects a lot of these old Chinese carts and he has a page on the game here. It's most just his opinion of it while playing. His site is mostly worth note because he has a little on all the Chinese MD games including Final Fantasy Magic Knight: The Braver Battle Saga, a Chinese-made Final Fantasy spin-off that's almost too bizarre to believe (though I'd consider it a hell of a lot better than most of the official PSX generation and later ones ...) and also the Shuihu Chuan S-RPG I had mentioned.

Hmm...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: