Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:42 pm

Jackal = Famicom Cart Version?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StriderVM

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:43 am    Post subject: Jackal = Famicom Cart Version? Reply with quote

On my early childhood, I remember there's this that's video game rental shop (Their ones that have their own Famicom that you play per hour.) beside our business/shop that has seem to have a Japanese Famicom version of Jackal.

However, as I'm looking on the net to get info that game, it seems that version seemed to not exist (Only an Arcade, NES and the FDS version?) ..... As I'm quite sure that I am not hallucinating.

Although, I have seen by the little links I've seen that the FDS version seems to have been modified because of space constraints and such? Because the only clear memory I have of that game is that the third boss of the game (The ship) seemed to be vertically placed instead of horizontal, allows two players to defeat the boss in two sides.
lugnut
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno about the specific differences between the FDS and cartridge releases, but even though there's no official FC cart of Jackal, I'd say what your local video store had was just a pirate cart. Pirate cartridge versions of FDS games seem fairly common...though who knows whether or not this particular pirate was based on the FDS version or just a knockoff of the US cart.
StriderVM

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm quite sure that it is a pirated copy as it is not the usual Konami Japanese cart. (The one that is colored black and has a little hole in the upper-left side.) , but usually pirates would just copy the NES/US version of the game. It's the first (and last) time I saw a Japanese language copy of the game. I remember it being the Japanese version as the title screen was in Japanese.

So there really isn't a Japanese Famicom version of the game. Thanks. :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: