Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:21 pm

*One And A Half NES Quickies

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Green Meanie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:32 am    Post subject: *One And A Half NES Quickies Reply with quote

While going through some old Game Player's magazines I came across two games I (would be) intrested in playing, but it turns out they were never released. You guys have any info on these two?

Touchdown Fever from SNK - The NES version of the arcade game by the same title.

War On Wheels - This was set to be the other roller derby game for the NES. While Rollergames was based off the actual show, it wasn't the actual sport but rather a side scroller-fighter type. War On Wheels was more true to the sport (as serious as that can be.)

So what happened to these two games?

Last edited by The Green Meanie on Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheRedEye
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi
The Internet's Frank Cifaldi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

War on Wheels exists. I haven't played it, but I've been told it's more or less the worst game ever. I don't know about the other one, because sports games just kind of fly right over my head. I already forgot what the title was.

Oh, there it is, "Touchdown Fever." Yeah. I dunno.
The Green Meanie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRedEye wrote:
War on Wheels exists. I haven't played it, but I've been told it's more or less the worst game ever.

Both GP reviews I read said they were horrible. I still want to play them though. Or at least find out what happened.

Maybe I should dig up some more lost gems from those mags.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Skrybe
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Touchdown Fever was released for both the Nes and FC. What gave you the impression otherwise?

You're right that War on Wheels was unreleased, though, but as Red said, at least one copy is known to exist. There's some magazine scans from the game at the Grand Nestral mirror.
The Green Meanie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skrybe wrote:
Touchdown Fever was released for both the Nes and FC. What gave you the impression otherwise?

Apparently because the fact that I was looking for "Touchdown" Fever and it was under "Touch Down" Fever. Whoops.

Good to know that I was right about Wheels at least.
adaml
Staff
Staff

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Touchdown Fever is actually a pretty decent football game. It's no Tecmo Bowl, but it is fun nonetheless.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Unreleased Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: